ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Santa Ritas Loop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
sirena

PostPosted: 9/4/2010, 10:13 am    Post subject: Santa Ritas Loop Reply to topic Reply with quote

This week, I hiked a big loop in the Santa Ritas- there were tons of wildflowers and I saw my first Twin-Spotted Rattlesnake:

http://desertsirena.wordpress.com/2010/09/03/santa-ritas-loop/

Sirena's Wanderings
http://www.desertsirena.wordpress.com

Arizona Trail for Fibromyalgia
http://www.aztrail4fms.org
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 9/7/2010, 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the link, nice find. While back some idiot came by work and asked to identify a hat ban that he bought in Mexico. Cheerfully sent him to AZ Game and Fish. He came back mad as hell.
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 9/9/2010, 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll be in the 'Ritas in October...taking my octogenarian parentals there for their birthdays to Madera. (Dad will be 84 on Oct 28th, Mom will be 81 on Oct 12). And my birthday is October 22nd so we have a birthday blast going on here. Margarita! Bless their hearts. Dad wants to hike (at 84!!) so I'll take him on the nature trail Friday afternoon. I want to hike the Super Trail to the summit so I'll do that Saturday. We'll go to Tumacacori and Tubac too.

Love the folks~~~

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
BoyNhisDog
The dangerous place where the winds meet

PostPosted: 9/16/2010, 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Trishness wrote:
I want to hike the Super Trail to the summit so I'll do that Saturday.

That is a great time Trish. We did that 4000' climb a couple weeks ago but via the more direct and more shady Old Baldy trail. We descended the steep 4000' of seemingly endless switchbacks back down the same way. There are sprays of wildflowers, most every color as you get up higher. Keep your eyes on the trail though. I went off a narrow perch when my right pole and right shoe crumbled off the edge on the way down and would have glissaded who knows how far if a nice bush had not been at hand. It may have been several switchbacks before something arrested my momentum if not for that.

You will have a lot of fun. Take a jacket though. It was cold up at the top but hot at the bottom.
SkyIslandHiker

PostPosted: 9/17/2010, 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

BoyNhisDog wrote:
There are sprays of wildflowers, most every color as you get up higher.

Wildflowers were getting pretty good earlier this week. Take a look:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TucsonHikers/message/4414
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 9/17/2010, 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I can't wait to go!!!! Since I started my new J-O-B in June, I haven't been out of the Valley all summer~~~even two days away will be a real treat.

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: