ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Fugitives Caught at Mt Baldy Campground

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
sam_hikes

PostPosted: 8/19/2010, 10:13 pm    Post subject: Fugitives Caught at Mt Baldy Campground Reply to topic Reply with quote

News is reporting AZ's Bonnie & Clyde were caught camping at the base of my favorite mtn in the Gabaldon Campground without a shot being fired.

Word is USFS workers spotted them and called in the SWAT team.

Pretty amazing as it's rural but certainly there are more rural sites and especially ones not near a major road construction project.

There goes the neighborhood!
SkyIslandHiker

PostPosted: 8/19/2010, 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Right in Elizabeth's "backyard" !!
http://www.wmicentral.com/news/latest_news/article_b8fc8f5e-ac0b-11df-befa-001cc4c03286.html
sam_hikes

PostPosted: 8/20/2010, 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Story has gone nationwide and is reporting USFS guy is the hero of the story who made contact & ran plate.

Wrong campground to lay low as minutes away is rez as well as more remote campsites without construction traffic.

Wonder how long they were camped as we were feet away at the East Baldy TH about 2 weeks ago...
sam_hikes

PostPosted: 8/20/2010, 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suppose to be a big press conference this a.m.

No word on which USFS guy found them but I understand it wasn't our Baldy trail clearing/logging boss. Word is it was just a normal check of the area and USFS guy made contact with the suspects.
sam_hikes

PostPosted: 8/20/2010, 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Update I got was prisoner was noticed because they setup camp and had no horses. USFS guy told them to leave and left. USFS guy wants no part of the fuss.

When the troops arrived on scene the idiots were still there...
Deborah

PostPosted: 8/21/2010, 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Remember in the 90's when Danny Horning escaped from Florence and was on the run for months, he abducted a couple of ladies in the Grand Canyon, then fled to Sedona.
He was finally caught in Sedona under someone's porch after asking for water from a hose.
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 8/21/2010, 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I heard it was Winn, didn't know it was the horse camp. Of course, I am not there, as most of you know. I am in Telluride, doing first aid for a big mtn. bike race. Have been here since Thursday. Everyone here talking about it, though, since there was some Colorado connection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: