ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Woods Canyon Lake Camping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnthemHiker

PostPosted: 5/2/2010, 7:42 pm    Post subject: Woods Canyon Lake Camping Reply to topic Reply with quote

Any recommendations for camping sites at Woods Canyon Lake?
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 5/2/2010, 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I was advised while camping this past week at Christopher Creek that its closed and may be closed for a couple of more weeks. They have not been able to access and determine what work may be needed including the Store/Marina. I was also advised that the road to Willow Springs is open but the lake is closed. If you tent camp during the monsoon season the low areas in the campground floods. The place is quite busy so have an alternate camps location in mind. You can also reserve a space as most sites are reservable.
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 5/7/2010, 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Brother came back from camping (Casita) earlier this week and he stayed at Tonto Creek. He was advised the area would be closed for at least the next couple of weeks. When I was on my camping trip I visited Sharp Creek Campground. The bored forest service erected a fence around the campground. It was very common for this campground to have elk, javelina, deer and turkeys mill about. If you print out a campground maps and get a chance to visit, makr the campsites that are suitable for your needs. Also note some campsites are reservable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: