ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Victoria's Ride: A solo bike ride across the US

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 12/14/2009, 8:20 am    Post subject: Victoria's Ride: A solo bike ride across the US Reply to topic Reply with quote

I met Victoria on Dec 2, when she stayed at the motel where I work front desk. She's solo cycling from Boston to California. I put her in touch with cycling friends of mine in Yuma, where she stayed a couple nights. She's now somewhere in the desert in California.

A lot of people do this sort of thing, and they set up a website, and they blog and post photos. But most of those people are not good writers or photographers. Victoria is a talented photographer with a good eye for detail (I mean, who knew there was so much to see in Gila Bend?) and a witty, observant and articulate writer. Here's her website:

www.victoriasride.com
Deborah

PostPosted: 12/14/2009, 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing... glad she made it to Yuma!
desertgirl

PostPosted: 12/14/2009, 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Great site -- Yep she is good read! enjoyed her 1st century ride & remined myself of my own at Tour De Tucsona couple of years ago. I will be back for more on Victoria's ride Very Happy
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 12/15/2009, 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

She mentions me several times in a couple blogs, since I set her up with my pals in Yuma and also told her how to get from Maricopa to Yuma. Very Happy I was glad to be of help to fellow cyclist and adventurous spirit!!

Now I want to do it, too!

The thing about her photos, Ambika, did you notice how she has such a great eye for the little things most people pass by? She's really talented. She's some sort of computer design person, owns a website design business, so is very artistic.

I don't know how old she is. My impression upon meeting her was "over 30."

I think she should have had a little help from our AZH Super Ultralight experts, though. Both her steel framed bike and some of her gear seem a bit heavy.
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 12/19/2009, 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Although Victoria's blogs are a bit behind, she is planning to reach Santa Monica Pier on Sunday Dec. 20!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: