ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Holiday Party!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(15)
User
Hikngrl
jmzblond
beckett
GTG
Hnak
desertgirl
tibber
kurthzone
paintninaz
Tom Treks
outside1
Sande J
oliverr99
wanderingsoul
doug
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
Hikngrl
PostPosted: 11/13/2009, 9:17 pm    Post subject: Holiday Party! Reply with quote

Who wants to play!? Todd and I will host a holiday party on December 19th 5 PM - ? for anyone interested. We will plan it just the same as we always have with the gift exchange and the pot luck and the friends and the good times. We have a pile of wood that could last all week for the fire pit!

Sorry there was not a poll for the date but this is the only date we have open in the month of December! Sure hope you can all make it. If not we will miss you and Santa will make sure no one says anything naughty about anyone who is not here or else ther will be coal in them there stockings!!

I will start a food list if anyone wants to throw something out there!

PM us for directions and address.

Food!

Todd and Diane -smoked something haven't decided yet
Jaimi- balls of meat
Linda- veggie tray
Ambika-Indian Rice Pulao
tibber- 14 different kinds of yummy cookies
wanderingsoul- stuffed mushrooms and something else still not sure what.
Tom and Tracy- smoked pork ribs and some Calico beans for a side.
Oliver99- fruit salad
RedRoxx44- a bottle of some sort of holiday libation

Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 12/19/2009, 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Don't forget! We are hanging inside and out tonight so dress warmly or at least with layers!

I want to shine!
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 12/19/2009, 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dave and I are SO excited for this party! This day is dragging on SO slowly right now! You and Todd always throw the most memorable parties!! And, this is such a wonderful group of people that are attending tonight. We can't wait to see you all!

PS. If I have too much to drink later, and forget to tell you..... This was the BEST AZH Holiday Party EVER!! Very Happy

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
beckett

PostPosted: 12/19/2009, 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Look at the names on that list! It's going to be a great party! I haven't seen Doug since the first AZH hike I ever went on! Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight! Fun...fun...fun!

Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
desertgirl

PostPosted: 12/19/2009, 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Diane or anyone else -- cansome one PM me Diane Streed address or directions to her place . I thought I had her address but I just found out I did not Sad
desertgirl

PostPosted: 12/19/2009, 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thx for the directions Diane & Tibber
beckett

PostPosted: 12/19/2009, 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wonderful night full of friends and laughter. Thanks to Diane and Todd for hosting a wonderful night!

Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
RedRoxx44
Queen of the Walkabout

PostPosted: 12/20/2009, 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nice to see everyone and meet new people. I don't make many of these things so glad to see traditions continuing for this great and special group.
oliverr99

PostPosted: 12/20/2009, 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thank you Diane and Todd for being wonderful hosts. And to everyone else, it was nice to see and meet you! Thank you and have a wonderful Xmas!
desertgirl

PostPosted: 12/20/2009, 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thankyou Diane& Todd for a wonderful Party filled with friends, tales, great food & holiday cheer! "Twas great seeing everyone!
tibber

PostPosted: 12/20/2009, 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Such a wonderful event. It was nice to meet new people...
renew old acquaintances.... oh wait, that's New Year's Eve...

And ALL that food, everywhere you looked there was more food! and then more people would come and bring MORE food ...and wonderfully tasting food; yummy!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Diane and hot Toddy are going to be enjoying great leftovers.

Applause Thanks to you both for opening up your home to all of us. It was really a fun time! I can see why it's a great tradition.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 12/20/2009, 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You are all SO wonderful! Todd and I had the best time! I can't believe the balmy weather we had, making it perfect for the backyard fire and gathering! We were able to send most of what was left over home with one person or another. There really wasn't as much left over as we had thought. Hope all had as good a time as we did! Looking forward to yet another year of hiking and backpacking and eating.... Thank you all for your friendship! A lucky girl I am!

I want to shine!
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 12/20/2009, 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This really was a fantastic evening! Dave and I had so much fun with everyone last night. And the food was, as always, AMAZING! Thank you, Todd and Diane, for organizing and hosting. We really enjoyed ourselves.

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 12/20/2009, 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks Todd and Diane for a wonderful Christmas party and letting us invade your home for the evening. Had a really nice time and enjoyed. Great seeing everyone again old and new. The weather was just fantastic, fire stoked not too Hot and not too Cold. Great time. Food a plenty and quite tasty too. Liked that Coconut Rum, pretty good in the coffee!
Think found out where those voices were coming from that sounded like it was through a speaker. As I turned on Olive a completely lit up sleigh on wheels full of people was crossing 85th. Heard someone talking over a loud speaker so such. So maybe it was the sleigh cruzing the neighborhood that we heard. Was rather cute, didn't see if Santa was in it though Laughing , it had gone through the intersection by the time I got up to it.
Thanks for a nice time. Merry Christmas everyone !

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: