ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Basset Peak / Ash Creek -- Arizona Fall Color Nov 6-8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(3) (6) (3)
User
sbkelley
Randal Schulhauser
outside1
User
oliverr99
tibber
CyclingNurse
jessica
desertgirl
randy883
User
Wreckchaser
billj
kathyj2100
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
desertgirl
PostPosted: 6/25/2009, 10:47 am    Post subject: Basset Peak / Ash Creek -- Arizona Fall Color Nov 6-8 Reply with quote

Experience the AZ fall & Bag a Peak!

Ash Creek has the most incredible fall colors! So How about a campout to experience fall color and bag Bassett Peak.

Images (c) Matt Hoffman

Letty's Albums:
http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=albvj00&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=albvc84&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=albvm55&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php&page=1

Basset Peak from TH is a 12 mile RT with 2650 ft eleveation gain -- anticipating 6-8hrs on the trail. With the short days of fall -- it will be an early departure.
Option for those that want to enjoy some stunning fall color at an easy pace: 1st 3 miles is mosltly flat and has great fall color.

We will camp some where in the vicinity ..... Plan is for dispersed camping along the road to TH. Hope to catch you there!

More info : http://www.hikearizona.com/decoder.php?ZTN=252

desertgirl

PostPosted: 11/6/2009, 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

claughlin wrote:
I'm going up on Sunday for a day trip, leaving tucson around 6 a.m. - I may just run into you guys after all...

and we might just act like we don't know you !! Just kidding ....but I promise I won't get in yor pictures or follow you around Wink
randy883

PostPosted: 11/6/2009, 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

claughlin wrote:
I'm going up on Sunday for a day trip, leaving tucson around 6 a.m. - I may just run into you guys after all...

I'm working on some potluck goodies right now. With any luck there will be some leftovers for you Sunday! Smile
desertgirl

PostPosted: 11/8/2009, 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Back home after a day in color .... Very Happy
randy883

PostPosted: 11/8/2009, 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

desertgirl wrote:
Back home after a day in color .... Very Happy

I'm glad you all made it back home safe and happy. I thought it was beautiful driving out in the fading light! Smile
desertgirl

PostPosted: 11/9/2009, 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

We discovered a hidden gem in Willcox for dinner - Tacos El Sonorese ( locate at the back of an RV camp resort on 186 just past where you turn on to it from Business I-10 coming into town) -- excellent food -- ate to our heart's content for 20$ for 3 people! The place was very popular with the locals but we were a spectacle for the folks there.
randy883

PostPosted: 11/9/2009, 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

desertgirl wrote:
We discovered a hidden gem in Willcox for dinner - Tacos El Sonorese ( locate at the back of an RV camp resort on 185 just past where you turn on to it from Business I-10 coming into town) -- excellent food -- ate to our heart's content for 20$ for 3 people! The place was very popular with the locals but we were a spectacle for the folks there.

Dang, I should have stayed awhile and gone out with you! We stopped at Salsa Fiesta as usual, and it is always just so-so. I'll have to try that one next time I'm over there.
tibber

PostPosted: 11/9/2009, 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

and don't forget the excellent BBQ (ribs, chicken and brisket) at THE DINING CAR in historic Willcox.... but the coleslaw wasn't very good.

Great hiking with ya all and hanging out around the campfire. It was nice to meet new people and renew old acquaintances.

Randy realized he was hiking with 3 As on Saturday afternoon (Ambika, Angela and Anne) so in honor of that we named ourselves the A-trio Cool ; photos forthcoming.

Though the creek wasn't running Sad , the colors of autumn shown through especially as you neared the Bassett Peak junction. It is a slow but steady climb to that point but when you have it all to yourself like we did on Sunday, you can take your time to enjoy every moment and photograph to your heart's content. thumbs up
claughlin

PostPosted: 11/9/2009, 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

desertgirl wrote:
We discovered a hidden gem in Willcox for dinner - Tacos El Sonorese ( locate at the back of an RV camp resort on 185 just past where you turn on to it from Business I-10 coming into town) -- excellent food -- ate to our heart's content for 20$ for 3 people! The place was very popular with the locals but we were a spectacle for the folks there.

Darn - I agree with Randy: The Fiesta Salsa is only so-so. We'll know for next time!

And it was good to meet some more of the crew. Thanks for letting Jeff and I hang out with you all even though I wasn't signed up to do so. Very Happy
oliverr99

PostPosted: 11/9/2009, 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It was a fantastic weekend. Thank you Ambika for driving! It sure was fun being part of the A-trio. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Cindy, Jeff, Scott and Randy, it was a great pleasure meeting you! And thanks Randy for the drive "tour" into Ash Creek. I am too tired to be quizzed about the mountains! Oh and thanks for the care package Randy, mmmmmmmm.

The colors were beautiful and I learned a lot about photography from Ambika and Angela, thanks girls! And finally thank you everyone for a wonderful weekend!!!!
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 11/10/2009, 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sounds like it was a beautiful hike and day away. Sorry I had to miss it.
Glad you all enjoyed yourselves.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
SkyIslandHiker

PostPosted: 11/11/2009, 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I was at Ash Creek on Saturday with another group. I bumped into Scott, Bret, and Tony on Bassett Peak and enjoyed chatting with them on the hike down. Also bumped into Randy near the bottom of the canyon. If you haven't seen Randy's pics in the Gallery take a look. My pics are here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TucsonHikers/message/3182
tibber

PostPosted: 11/12/2009, 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SkyIslandHiker wrote:
I was at Ash Creek on Saturday with another group. I bumped into Scott, Bret, and Tony on Bassett Peak and enjoyed chatting with them on the hike down. Also bumped into Randy near the bottom of the canyon. If you haven't seen Randy's pics in the Gallery take a look. My pics are here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TucsonHikers/message/3182

WONDERFUL photos! It's amazing that the next day the leaves had pretty well fallen off of the aspen.
Great writeup and really great photos. Thank you.
desertgirl

PostPosted: 11/12/2009, 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Great images. Its amazing how quick the aspens shed their leaves ...
oliverr99

PostPosted: 11/12/2009, 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok, I posted a few of my images. I think they turned out ok.
tibber

PostPosted: 11/13/2009, 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

nice Anne; especially the macro of the green leafs changing color.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: