ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Basset Peak / Ash Creek -- Arizona Fall Color Nov 6-8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(3) (6) (3)
User
sbkelley
Randal Schulhauser
outside1
User
oliverr99
tibber
CyclingNurse
jessica
desertgirl
randy883
User
Wreckchaser
billj
kathyj2100
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
desertgirl
PostPosted: 6/25/2009, 10:47 am    Post subject: Basset Peak / Ash Creek -- Arizona Fall Color Nov 6-8 Reply with quote

Experience the AZ fall & Bag a Peak!

Ash Creek has the most incredible fall colors! So How about a campout to experience fall color and bag Bassett Peak.

Images (c) Matt Hoffman

Letty's Albums:
http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=albvj00&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=albvc84&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=albvm55&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php&page=1

Basset Peak from TH is a 12 mile RT with 2650 ft eleveation gain -- anticipating 6-8hrs on the trail. With the short days of fall -- it will be an early departure.
Option for those that want to enjoy some stunning fall color at an easy pace: 1st 3 miles is mosltly flat and has great fall color.

We will camp some where in the vicinity ..... Plan is for dispersed camping along the road to TH. Hope to catch you there!

More info : http://www.hikearizona.com/decoder.php?ZTN=252

desertgirl

PostPosted: 11/3/2009, 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

oliverr99 wrote:
Ok I am a little confused, but maybe Angela will clarify for me. Is the plan to go up on Friday and hike on Saturday, or go up on Saturday and do some hiking in the afternoon on Saturday and a little bit on Sunday then head home? Just not sure what is the plan for this. Let me know, thanks!!

Plan is to head up Saturday AM & Photo hike both Saturday PM and Sunday AM & camp Saturday PM.

Peak baggers (Scott, Tony + others) will likely be heading out earlier on Saturday or even Friday. I am not co-ordinating this -- Scott seems to emerged as the informal leader for this part.
sbkelley

PostPosted: 11/3/2009, 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
Peak baggers (Scott, Tony + others) will likely be heading out earlier on Saturday or even Friday. I am not co-ordinating this -- Scott seems to emerged as the informal leader for this part.

I suppose so, but I don't actually know if anyone else is interested in hiking up Bassett at this point. If so, let me know. Not a big deal if not. PM me or post if you are. I'd certainly like to get a good hike in and enjoy the colors as well. No reason we can't do both Very Happy
Wreckchaser

PostPosted: 11/3/2009, 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

sbkelley wrote:
Quote:

I suppose so, but I don't actually know if anyone else is interested in hiking up Bassett at this point. If so, let me know. Not a big deal if not. PM me or post if you are. I'd certainly like to get a good hike in and enjoy the colors as well. No reason we can't do both Very Happy

I intend on hiking all the way to the top of Bassett Peak. I am expecting to drive in almost as far as the road goes and should be there by 8:00 am on Saturday.
sbkelley

PostPosted: 11/5/2009, 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

All right, had to nail down some plans with other folks, so here goes...

Tanya and I will be leaving Tempe w/ our friend Bret on Friday night, but we can't leave until 6, so we won't get in until around 11. We'll just pull into the first campsite we see, and head up to the TH by 8 to meet Tony and Wreckchaser for Bassett.

Regarding the potluck, any word on this? We'd still be happy to do it, and if that means we hike up the road with our food to meet you guys up higher at a designated "meeting" campsite, that could work, right? We may not all be able to put our tents in the same site, but surely we can all hang out Saturday night. Thoughts?
Suz

PostPosted: 11/5/2009, 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just an FYI---I took my name off the list.

Sorry I won't be able to make it. I sure will miss seeing all of you. Thankfully no health issues to report. I've got recertification documentation due + + + or I'll be jobless. Take lots of pictures, eat lots of food, and have lots of fun! Very Happy
outside1

PostPosted: 11/6/2009, 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The way things are working out for me personally, I am not sure I will be involved in a pot luck dinner. I am planning on heading out later this morning and hiking around a bit. Then meet up with the peak crew at 8Am on Saturday and possibly heading home after that. At least that is my plain right now (for anyone who cares) but it can change.
desertgirl

PostPosted: 11/6/2009, 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Glad you are going Tony -- Hope to catch you on the trail tomorrow evening -- if we make it there before you folks are done!
Randal Schulhauser

PostPosted: 11/6/2009, 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've got my truck packed now and should be on the road in the next few minutes. Hope to see you all near the TH (may be directionally challenged since my navigator had to back out due to family medical issue).

I'll be driving my red F-150...
Smile

RANDAL
oliverr99

PostPosted: 11/6/2009, 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

See you there Randy! Hope to see you to Tony! Angela and I are leaving tomorrow morning!
RedRoxx44
Queen of the Walkabout

PostPosted: 11/6/2009, 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't think I will make it as I was just there and I have too many irons in the fire with this upcoming trip--so to speak. Have fun and enjoy the beauty.
tibber

PostPosted: 11/6/2009, 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

RedRoxx44 wrote:
I don't think I will make it as I was just there and I have too many irons in the fire with this upcoming trip--so to speak. Have fun and enjoy the beauty.

Drat! Sad I was so hoping to get some photography tips from the incredible RedRoxx44. But we certainly understand the "too many irons".

I do look forward to soaking in the beauty Very Happy and seeing the area.

Hopefully we'll see you on the trail some time in the very near future. Good luck with your upcoming trip.
desertgirl

PostPosted: 11/6/2009, 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Our plan is for tibber & oliverr99 to meet at my place at 6:30 am -- hit Starbucks and head over to Tucson --to meet up with Randy at Wilmont & I-10. ( Map shows a 1:50 drive) at about 9:00 am and then head on from there.
sbkelley

PostPosted: 11/6/2009, 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ambika,

Sounds good - we'll look for you on the off the peak. Hopefully we'll see you on the trail on the descent!
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/6/2009, 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Have a great time everyone! I am looking forward to the pictures! Be safe!

I want to shine!
claughlin

PostPosted: 11/6/2009, 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm going up on Sunday for a day trip, leaving tucson around 6 a.m. - I may just run into you guys after all...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: