ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Crossing Rainbow Bridge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
maryphyl
Grand Canyon Enchantress

PostPosted: 3/9/2009, 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Adios amigo
si na ti

PostPosted: 3/9/2009, 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hooli, You will be greatly missed.
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 3/12/2009, 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Myrl arrived from Michigan late yesterday. Today he is on his way back home with Sir Richard.
It was good meeting him finally and sad to say goodbye to Rich. He will be missed.

I am also sure that Rich will not be looking forward to the weather up there!

GTG
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 3/12/2009, 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well those Basenjis, you know they're a barkless dog from Africa, and don't like hot, warm, cool, cold, wet, damp, or dry (or anything in-between) weather. Shades

I bet he will be a little befuddled for a while.

It's a good thing that Rich is "going home" to be with his original owners. I sure wouldn't want it to be any other way.
srlatty

PostPosted: 3/13/2009, 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am so sorry to hear about this. I haven't been on the site for a while and was not expecting to see this terrible news. I really don't know what to say. Hooli was one of first people that I talked to here and on HAZ. He will be truly missed.

Todd, we are planning a trip to AZ and will be in Phoenix for a couple days around 3/29 - 4/2. Not real sure of the dates. If that is anywhere near when you are planning the celebration of Hooli, I will absolutely be there.

Hooli, old friend, you will be missed. RIP my friend.
ERMATOUSSAINT

PostPosted: 3/27/2009, 11:22 pm    Post subject: Hooli Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just wanted to let you guys know how Hooli touched my life....My husband and I were in Yosemite several years ago.Thats where we met Hooli and his dog Rich. We sat around the campfire talking to Hooli for hours. I remember telling him that I missed having coffee in the mornings while we were camping, since we didnt have hookups for our camper, no generator and no percolator. Well the next morning he brought over a whole pot of coffee! He was my hero! From that moment on I knew he was one of those people that I will meet in heaven! We kept in touch when I needed advice on vacation spots and things to do.... He knew everything about any location I would ask him about! I just happened to click on to your website to ask him about South Dakota sites to see and places to go and saw that he had passed. I was very sad. This man made an impression on mine and my husbands life and we will never forget our friend Hooli! My God Bless You Hooli, see you in HEAVEN!
Your Friends Gary, Erma and our dog Gracie
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 3/28/2009, 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dear Erma and Gary, I know many will feel as I do when I say your words brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for writing to us here. We all miss him, too. Some of us knew him better than others, but we all miss him.

Elizabeth
beckett

PostPosted: 3/28/2009, 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think it is a testimony to Hooli and there are so many who were touched by him.
Thank you Erma and Gary for sharing this story with us.
Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
Patches

PostPosted: 4/7/2009, 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just found out about John. It is so sad! Did anyone find out if Linda (his daughter is aware of all the friends he has here? I do have her e-mail and will send her this website if you think that would be appropriate. What a shock - I've been gone and hadn't visited with Hooli in a few months - so sorry! Patches
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 4/7/2009, 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Patches wrote:
I just found out about John. It is so sad! Did anyone find out if Linda (his daughter is aware of all the friends he has here? I do have her e-mail and will send her this website if you think that would be appropriate. What a shock - I've been gone and hadn't visited with Hooli in a few months - so sorry! Patches

Thanks Patches! Linda is very aware of the site and all of Hooli's friends here. We have been in contact with her and will stay in contact with her as long as she will have us! We do miss John so....

I want to shine!
GeorgAz

PostPosted: 4/8/2009, 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Every time I read this post, I get teary eyed again.I only spent a few moments with Hooli , and even those made me aware of his humor and how he affected everyone he came in contact with. He was truly one of a kind, like Edward Abbey. They don't make those anymore. Crying or Very sad Rest in peace, Hooli.You were a rare gift to a lot of people.
Daryl

PostPosted: 4/14/2009, 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I popped in to see what's going on in AZ and this sure isn't what I wanted to see.

I was only on a couple hikes with him but he was one of those guys that you meet and within 5 minutes you know he is just a great person. His posts here always made me smile and he made everyone feel welcome. He truly will be missed.

PostPosted: 4/14/2009, 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This is how I'll remember him Smile

PostPosted: 4/15/2009, 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daryl,
That's very cool.
azhiker96

PostPosted: 4/15/2009, 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daryl, thanks for posting the raincloud image. I hadn't thought about that picture for quite a while.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: