ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Crossing Rainbow Bridge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuart

PostPosted: 3/6/2009, 3:52 pm    Post subject: Hooli gone Reply to topic Reply with quote

So sorry to hear of the news about Hooli.
His literary works were very enjoyable & will be dearly missed.
Best wishes to him near Rainbow Bridge.
Deepest sympathy to survivors: family, critters & AZH.
Sincerely, Stuart
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 3/6/2009, 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My sympathy goes out to his family and all his friends, I know there are many.
He was a very likable person. I enjoyed his wit. He would send such fun emails. Hugs, Hooli, you will be dearly missed.

God bless,
Sheri
Sande J
Calamity J

PostPosted: 3/6/2009, 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
How do you even begin to say farewell to someone who was the heartbeat of this community. WOW...there are no words. I pray that all of those closest to him find the peace and comfort that only God gives at these times. You are ALL in my thoughts. Hooli, thank you for the many great memories that you gave to all of us.
azhiker96

PostPosted: 3/6/2009, 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

A few years ago, Deanda and I went on a hike to the Battleship. It was a group hike but because of work constraints we had to hit the trail in the evening. As we hiked in from First Water, I could see the footprints of those who had headed in before us. Following second water trail, we followed the footprints. Sometimes the trail was rocky and I no longer had tracks to follow. But then the trail would turn soft and I'd see the prints that reminded me I was following the right path. The light was fading as we passed the paint mine and I could no longer see the prints but I knew this had to be the path. When we hit the creek bottom, there was not enough light to see the prints and I didn't have a light with me. We set up camp and spent the night alone. Through the night we could occasionally hear voices and laughter from the others who'd gone before. In the morning, I quickly found the trail and we joined the rest of the group at their campsite.
I tell this story because it reminds me of Hooli. He also is ahead of me on the trail. Sometimes I see his footprints and sometimes I don't but I know the path he's taken. When it's dark, I can still hear his voice. And I know that when I am done with this journey, I'll see him again and we'll sit around a campfire and eat scorched rare beef and drink martinis. I'm glad our paths crossed here on Earth. I know they'll cross again. Rest easy my friend.
glemyr

PostPosted: 3/7/2009, 6:24 am    Post subject: Farewell Hooli Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hooli........

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
Deep peace of the watching shepherds to you.
Deep peace of the Son of Peace to you.

Author Unknown
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 3/7/2009, 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Todd,

Is there a memorial planned? I haven't found any information regarding a wake. Please let me know.

Thank you,
Sheri
oliverr99

PostPosted: 3/7/2009, 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am so sorry to hear this. I did not know him, but I read a lot of his posts, and you all talked about him a lot on the trips. I am very sorry for loss of a friend.
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 3/8/2009, 8:47 am    Post subject: Memorial, Wake Etc. Reply to topic Reply with quote

There will not be a formal service or wake for our friend.

I will be arranging a celebration of his life in a manner in which Hooli would respect and be proud to be the subject of. This will not occur in the immediate future but will happen in a month or so. I will keep details posted up here and will keep everyone appraised.

I'm sorry if this is not what you would want or expect of him but Hooli wanted a celebration of his life not a group of mourning sad sacks.

Stay tuned for details.

GTG
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 3/8/2009, 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thank you Todd. I agree whole-heartedly, a celebration of the good times is in order, and we may not be quite ready for that for awhile. Don't be bashful about asking for help when the time comes.
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 3/8/2009, 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial, Wake Etc. Reply to topic Reply with quote

GTG wrote:
There will not be a formal service or wake for our friend.

I will be arranging a celebration of his life in a manner in which Hooli would respect and be proud to be the subject of. This will not occur in the immediate future but will happen in a month or so. I will keep details posted up here and will keep everyone appraised.

I'm sorry if this is not what you would want or expect of him but Hooli wanted a celebration of his life not a group of mourning sad sacks.

Stay tuned for details.

GTG

Todd,

I feel that everyone here will respect what Hooli would want to celebrate his life and not be mournful. We all have our respective memories of a man who enjoyed life and gave each of us a glimpse into his life by sharing that with us on trail adventures and get togethers over the years. We'll all keep our eye out for what will be planned.

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 3/8/2009, 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks to all for your output of condolences regarding this. It has been an extremely hard time for all of us.

I agree 100% that this should be as Todd stated "a celebration of his life in a manner in which Hooli would respect and be proud to be the subject of".

Although we bantered about things quite a bit, but mostly in jest, Hooli was, and still is, a very good friend of mine. I am missing him immensely.

I am very much looking forward to a collective celebration of John Richardson's life, and hope that all can join in when the time is right.
PageRob

PostPosted: 3/8/2009, 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I hope I am able to attend. We are going to be down in Phoenix for a memorial service for my Grandmother who also passed away the same day as Hooli on April 3rd. If it is that weekend I would be very happy to attend and celebrate his life.
beckett

PostPosted: 3/8/2009, 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

A celebration of life is perfect. Thanks for keeping us all up to date. Todd you were and are a great friend to Hooli.

linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 3/8/2009, 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well I hope I can make it whatever weekend it is. I like the idea of a celebration of life better than any service or memorial as well.

Hooli were still thinking of you......Have a Martini "on the rocks" up there Smile
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 3/8/2009, 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks Todd, I was thinking about that earlier and hoped that it would cross your mind too. I think that this will be the perfect way to remember and celebrate Hooli

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: