ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Best weekend for a trip to Keet Seel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Polls Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  

What weekend is best for Keet Seel?
May 23rd-24th
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
May 30th-31st
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
June 6th-7th
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
August 22nd-23rd
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
August 29th-30th
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
September 5th-6th
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
September 11th-12th
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 1/29/2009, 3:14 pm    Post subject: Best weekend for a trip to Keet Seel Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just checked with the supervisor at Navajo National Monument. Unfortunately, they are having budget cuts so the chances of having a pre-season trip out to Keet Seel are slim. Last year we could have easily made such an arrangement, but this year they will only do it if they can get someone (one of their rangers or other staff) to volunteer. The chances are higher if we were to make it a day-hike.

So... as it stands, for a weekend backpacking trip, I can reserve slots for just about any weekend from May 21st through the closing in September. They will allow up to 20 people per day up to the ruins. Once we get a good idea which weekend works best for the group, I'll reserve our slots.

There are two campgrounds at the park that are free. The plan would be to head up Friday night, camp at the park and head down to Keet Seel Saturday morning.

I know that I've put up a lot of options but I thought that more at this point is better. If it looks like an early date and a late date are very popular, we could maybe reserve slots for both.

If this has been on your list, now's the time to start planning!
Deborah

PostPosted: 1/29/2009, 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I voted for Memorial Day weekend, since I definately know I can get off from work, before my summer job begins.
I have always wanted to see Keet Seel and I have heard that the campground is beautiful.
oliverr99

PostPosted: 1/29/2009, 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I also voted for Memorial Day weekend! I can also do it June 6-7th.
beckett

PostPosted: 1/31/2009, 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sounds like a great hike. I looked it up on the net and the ruins sound pretty awesome.
Hope this one developes into something.

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
PageRob

PostPosted: 1/31/2009, 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Early or late would be best, since it'll get blazing hot in the middle of the summer. I voted 23rd-24th, but almost any of those weekends would work for us.
thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 2/5/2009, 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

While the response to the poll was rather underwhelming to say the least, I do want to thank those that responded for participating in our site. I will start a thread to organize the trip on Memorial Day weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: