ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Who does not have the flu so can't post on Hooli's thread?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Polls Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who does or does not have the flu?
I'm puking my guts out
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I'm coughing my brains out
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
What flu?
94%
 94%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 18

GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 1/6/2009, 9:24 am    Post subject: The "flu" Reply to topic Reply with quote

From Wikipedia -
Quote:
Influenza, commonly known as the flu, is an infectious disease of birds and mammals caused by RNA viruses of the family Orthomyxoviridae (the influenza viruses). The name influenza comes from the Italian: influenza, meaning "influence", (Latin: influentia). In humans, common symptoms of the disease are chills and fever, pharyngitis, muscle pains, severe headache, coughing, weakness and general discomfort.[1] In more serious cases, influenza causes pneumonia, which can be fatal, particularly in young children and the elderly. Although it is sometimes confused with the common cold, influenza is a much more severe disease and is caused by a different type of virus.2] Influenza can produce nausea and vomiting, especially in children,[1] but these symptoms are more characteristic of the unrelated gastroenteritis, which is sometimes called "stomach flu" or "24-hour flu".

GTG
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/6/2009, 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Don't really matter 'cause X-Rays proved degative for pneumonia acute brinchitis whicch isback with vengence; temp 101.8, chills and ccough which is working. Meds Dr. gave me yesterday should start kicking in during next 24 hours. gonna have the cleaness bedding in town.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 1/6/2009, 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
Don't really matter 'cause X-Rays proved degative for pneumonia acute brinchitis whicch isback with vengence; temp 101.8, chills and ccough which is working. Meds Dr. gave me yesterday should start kicking in during next 24 hours. gonna have the cleaness bedding in town.

Your spell check has a virus, too! Wink
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 1/6/2009, 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

azbackpackr wrote:
evenstar wrote:

Your spell check has a virus, too! Wink

If he would just install the free IE Spell program it would fix his typing errors for him and not make his typing skills seem so pitiful.

You can download and install IE Spell for free from here -
http://www.iespell.com/download.php

It will not add more SPAM or viruses to your computing experience. It will not work for Firefox which has it's own built in spell checker if you're using the latest version.

It may not know the difference for the uses of panty or pantry but with one or two clicks you can appear to be a reelee gud spelarr.

GTG
fairweather8588

PostPosted: 1/6/2009, 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

GTG wrote:
It may not know the difference for the uses of panty or pantry

heh heh Very Happy

Kerouac
Deborah

PostPosted: 1/7/2009, 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I work with sick kids all day, so I have an immunity of IRON!
I also was required to get a flu immunization back in OCtober, although I hear they are only good for 4 months.
I do send a lot of sick kids home!
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 1/8/2009, 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I didn't get the flu shot but have been taking vitamins and recently got some Airborne as well, although one does hear conflicting reports on whether or not it is effective. Anyway, still healthy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: