ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
AZH 6th Annual Anniversary Shindig Jan 16th - 18th 2009
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(12) (1) (0)
User
GTG
beckett
Hnak
paintninaz
outside1
Valet2
Tom Treks
wanderingsoul
Deborah
PageRob
Hikngrl
azhiker96
User
rayhiker
User
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 11/21/2008, 4:17 pm    Post subject: AZH 6th Annual Anniversary Shindig Jan 16th - 18th 2009 Reply to topic Reply with quote

Where - Cave Creek Regional Park - Group Campsite
37019 N. Lava Lane
Cave Creek, AZ 85331
Ph: 623-465-0431
Fax: 623-465-9284

You will need to tell the ranger at the gate that you are with the Arizona Hikers Group. They will then hand you a map and tell you how to get to the Group Campsite. From what I understand they will not charge you the regular Entrance Fee if you are camping. I will collect your camping fees when you get to camp. If you are not camping and only staying for the day, then you will need to pay the Entrance Fee at the gate.

http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/cave_creek/Maps.aspx
Map -
http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/cave_creek/pdf/2008%20maps/cave-creek-3d.pdf

Quote:

From central Phoenix, take I-17 north to Carefree Hwy (SR 74). Exit Carefree Hwy. and travel east to 32nd St. (7 miles). Turn north on 32nd St. to the Cave Creek Regional Park entrance.

When - Noon Friday January 16th 2009 to Noon Sunday January 18th 2009

Who - AZH members, friends and family

Cost - $12.00 per unit per night, no exceptions

Quote:

Cave Creek Regional Park offers a campground with 38 individual sites and a group camping area. Each site has a large parking area to accommodate up to a 45' RV and is a "Developed Site," with water and electrical hook-ups, dump station, a picnic table, a barbecue grill, and fire ring. Cave Creek Regional Park provides immaculate restrooms with flush toilets and hot water showers.

We also have a cool hike scheduled Saturday morning at 8:00 AM at Spur Cross Ranch Conservation Area
http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/spur_cross

We are scheduled for the ranger led Elephant Mountain Fortress Hike with a stop at a rock art site and an additional ruin along the way. The cost for this hike is $3.00 per hiker -
Quote:

Elephant Mountain Fortress Hike (difficult) Join us for a 7 mile / 5 hour roundtrip trek into the backcountry to one of the premier archaeological sites on the Conservation Area. Participants need to be in good condition and familiar with what hiking on primitive trails for this distance entails. Participants must bring at least 1 liter of water. We recommend you have a hat, & dress in layers.

44000 N. Spur Cross Road
Cave Creek, AZ 85331
Ph: 480-488-6601
Fax: 480-488-2263

Map -
http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/spur_cross/pdf/2007%20maps/spurcross11x173d.pdf
Quote:

Spur Cross Ranch Conservation Area is located approximately 35 miles north of central Phoenix. Interstate 17, State Route 51, and Loop 101 can all be used to reach the park. From the intersection of Carefree Highway and Cave Creek Road head north on Cave Creek Road about 2.5 miles to Spur Cross Road. Turn north for approximately 4.5 miles to the public parking area. After 3 miles the road turns to all-weather graded. The last 1.5 miles can be confusing; continue north on the graded road past the green house, through the tall gateposts and on past the horse corrals to the signed public parking area on the right.

Menu -

Hikngrl - a big pot of some sort of soup

Deborah - some pumpkin soup and corn bread muffins

outside1 - my old standard (a vat of Chili). Maybe I will spice it up an bring some corn bread

beckett - a veggie tray, pumpkin bread and fire wood

paintninaz - country style pork ribs to throw on the grill

Tom Treks - some cheese and crackers for appetizers and some firewood

CatValet and Valet2 - special hot green salsa & chips, firewood and marinated chicken tenders

Get in here y'all!

GTG
Deborah

PostPosted: 12/20/2008, 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

sounds great! Hopefully I won't get called for dogsitting duty!
oliverr99

PostPosted: 12/20/2008, 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am going to go ahead and sign up, if I am not going to do the Rock N Roll Halfy, then I will come, depends on my training, or lack there of. I have not done one of these, but it sure does sound like fun!
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 12/20/2008, 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have a similar issue that weekend.
evenstar

PostPosted: 12/25/2008, 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I should be able to make this tho' I'll be limited in joining some of the activities. If there It'll be in the Hoolimobile.
Have appt. with orthopedic surgeon on day before to find out if surgery is gonna be necessary on elbow; it's shown virtually no improvement since I last saw him about three weeks ago, so I'm not hopeful. iF i make it I'll bring spinach dip.
PageRob

PostPosted: 12/25/2008, 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ely and I are hoping to be able to come. Will update with more information as it occurs.
ck1

PostPosted: 12/30/2008, 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Pat and I will be with friends (and without children) in Vegas that weekend. Sorry we'll miss the fun.

"The Journey is the Destination"
beckett

PostPosted: 12/31/2008, 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Is it too early to start a food list?

I would like to bring a veggie tray, pumpkin bread and fire wood.

Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
oliverr99

PostPosted: 12/31/2008, 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok, I will come for the Friday evening feastivities, hike Saturday, and leave in the afternoon. I will bring Chips, wine, and bagels with cream cheese!
You started it Beckett, lol!
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 12/31/2008, 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I will bring a big pot of some sort of soup to help warm our cold bones!

Oliver99, just a heads up, the main festivities will be Saturday after the hike....any way you can stay for those festivities? Friday night will just be people dragging in as they get off work....

I want to shine!
Suz

PostPosted: 1/1/2009, 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm picking Ambika up at the airport in the evening on the 16th from her big trip home from Inda....so for sure won't be there Friday.

Todd-- do you need advanced info/head count/money in order for us to join in on Saturday's hike?
oliverr99

PostPosted: 1/1/2009, 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hmmm, I might be able to. Depends on what I get done on Friday before I head over. I know it is a big drive for us, lol. I could always come Sat. morning and stay overnight. I doubt I will be doing the Rock N Roll Halfy Rolling Eyes
azhiker96

PostPosted: 1/1/2009, 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have to work on Friday but we'll be there on Saturday and plan to stay overnight.
Suz

PostPosted: 1/3/2009, 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:

Have appt. with orthopedic surgeon on day before to find out if surgery is gonna be necessary on elbow; it's shown virtually no improvement since I last saw him about three weeks ago, so I'm not hopeful.

Hooli----thinking about your elbow and sending you a PM about Kinesio Taping.
http://www.itrmcc.co.uk/kinesio-taping.shtml
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 1/5/2009, 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll get the menu items up for this today. It looks like it's going to be a good one, hope we see more folks sign in and join in on the fun.
Get in here y'all!

GTG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: