ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Waterproof Camera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
gpsjoe

PostPosted: 11/4/2008, 12:55 pm    Post subject: Waterproof Camera Reply to topic Reply with quote

A while back someone (I think Suz maybe) was asking about waterproof cameras. The Pentax W60 gets a good review by a camera pro.

Steve's Digicam says
Bottom Line - The Pentax Optio W60 is an easy to use and very versatile, go anywhere camera. With various pre-programmed shooting modes and the one-push green "Easy" mode, the W60 is easy enough for anyone to use. While many features are the same as found on the W30, the 10-megapixel imaging sensor, HD movie mode and 28mm wide 5x optical zoom make great additions. Overall, we found that shooting performance and image quality were great for a camera in this class. With a MSRP of US$329, this is an excellent deal for anyone that travels or spends a lot of time around water.

The complete conclusions page is at http://www.steves-digicams.com/2008_reviews/optio_w60_pg5.html

jr.com sells it for $276.88. I bought there before and they are WYSIWYG. See http://www.jr.com/category/cameras-and-optics/n/4294562693/

I like that the camera starts at 28mm instead of 35mm for a small amount of wide angle. It also has a 5x optical zoom lens.
Al_HikesAZ

PostPosted: 11/4/2008, 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I upgraded from the W20 to the W60 and I am very happy. It weighs just a couple grams over 5oz.

Not mentioned in the review - It also has an image stabilization mode for when you are out on a precipice and the wind is blowing.

The only drawback is that it is only .jpg - no RAW.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: