ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Only working 3 days a week... just in time for Hiking season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 10/14/2008, 11:11 pm    Post subject: Only working 3 days a week... just in time for Hiking season Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am only working Monday - Wednesday now. If anyone is available for hiking Thursday - Sunday, just let me know. I've got a lot of hiking to do before Dave and I move to the east coast come next June. Yes, you read that right... we're moving out of Arizona by next summer (this was our last one!!! woohoo...). So, I need to hike!

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
Suz

PostPosted: 10/15/2008, 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow! Congrats to you guys. Sounds like you are excited so that is a good thing.

Dang, it sure seems like everyone is moving Sad This is getting REALLY depressing. Pretty soon we're going to have to change from AZhikers to InternationalHikers.com! Wink
thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 10/15/2008, 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So... where are you going? What's driving your move to the East?
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 10/15/2008, 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, Dave is originally from NY, and before moving to AZ, I lived in Oregon. Neither of us have ever wanted to stay here in the desert permanently. So now since Dailon has moved out, and Jared will be graduating in May, we've decided there's no time like June for moving.

We've thought and talked about this for a few years now. All that's been stopping us has been uprooting the boys. Now that that isn't going to be the concern, we are looking to move closer to Dave's family and friends.

He doesn't want to go back to NY, so we've expanded our search. Right now the number one contender is Pennsylvania outside of the Pittsburgh area. Dave is already checking into schools back there (he's going to get a CAREER!!), and I've already started looking into the demographics of what we want and will need. This area puts us within a 4 hour drive of all his family and friends. Good news for me is that I get along with everyone!

Jared is talking about moving w/ us, but we'll see. Dailon is currently content to be here in AZ. Which means, we'll definitely be back for visits!

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 10/15/2008, 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, Dave broke the news of the move when he came over a couple of weeks ago. We were surprised to hear about it but can understand. We will miss you guys but it's a bit early for all that just yet!

I will most likely have to start with T bird park to get back into the hiking mode so if you want to drive over on the weekends you are welcome to join me when I get the go ahead to start hiking again! Hope to go back to work soon so it will have to be weekends.

I want to shine!
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 10/16/2008, 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've never been to T-bird park, but I'll drive over there any weekend. Jest let me know when.

wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 10/16/2008, 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh wow Jaimi....I guess Congrats is in order. Glad you are Happy with the move. We'll miss you guys! Dang, But that still gives us some time to enjoy y'alls company Smile Glad you'll be back for visits though, that is a plus

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: