ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
hiking to Aunt Chiladas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
k9hiker

PostPosted: 10/1/2008, 9:41 pm    Post subject: hiking to Aunt Chiladas Reply to topic Reply with quote

Does anyone know if it is possible to hike from either Dreamy Draw or Squaw Peak parking areas to Aunt Chilladas, while staying primarily on trails until you hit the neighborhood?

Or, to another restaurant that would serve hikers breakfast?

I have some folks coming from out of town and I thought a hike to brunch and back would be fun for them.

Thanks
sbkelley

PostPosted: 10/2/2008, 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

From Dreamy Draw, you could go on trails almost all the way - after you cross the 51 on the pedestrian bridge heading west back into town leaving Dreamy Draw Park, there is a trail heading left (south) that you can follow to within a quarter mile or so of Aunt Chilidas which parallels the freeway. Haven't hiked it personally, but looking at aerial photos and maps, it looks like that would work.

not sure about Squaw Peak TH though - I think that's more "urban hiking"
oliverr99

PostPosted: 10/3/2008, 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Taking your new knee out for a drive?
k9hiker

PostPosted: 10/3/2008, 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thank you SB. I looked at the google photos too but could not tell if there was a way across the 51. I will scout it and see what it looks like.
Any idea the distance?

Very funny oliverr99!! Yep, kinda. I've been doing some short hikes, 3 miles or less on very level ground for about a month and I'm getting stronger. I am really looking forward to being able to get to the summits again. Missing my mountain tops. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: