ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Canyoneering Sept 19,20, 21 in Utah

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Out of State Hikes Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedRoxx44
Queen of the Walkabout

PostPosted: 9/12/2008, 6:44 am    Post subject: Canyoneering Sept 19,20, 21 in Utah Reply to topic Reply with quote

Seeing if anyone is interested in partnering with me on this--I am 85% sure I am going, and sorry for late notice. I am planning on meeting a group from Colorado to do several canyons on above dates. They require full canyoneering technical gear--helmets, harness, rap/belay device, biners, etc. Also need knee/elbow pads, old clothes to trash as lots of downclimbing in narrow slot. Wetsuit optional, not much wading.
I plan on driving up car camp somewhere near Flag thurs nite, up early and drive in to area near Hanksville Ut on Fri. Trip leader knows I plan on joining the Sat and Sun fun only.
So Fri will be mostly driving but some photo ops and maybe a short hike till get to group campsite and meet the folks after their Fri trip.
Start back Sun evening, and plan to return on MON!!! So you need Fri and Mon off.

Sat canyon has at least a 50 foot rap early and a 150 foot exit rap which is supposed to be spectacular in a winding crack.

Please let me know if you are interested, and can ride up with me. You'll need to have car camp gear along with other and I can give you more details and info I have from the trip leader.
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 9/12/2008, 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Watch the weather upstream!
PageRob

PostPosted: 9/14/2008, 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Augh! I'm going to have to be in Tucson that weekend. Wish I could make it!
RedRoxx44
Queen of the Walkabout

PostPosted: 9/15/2008, 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, I probably won't be doing this either. Hand injury from caving this weekend. It was a wild Mutual of Omaha weekend too---saw and caught a 4 foot gopher snake, saw another alligator lizard, a bull elk with a huge rack from about 30 yards, a bunch of supposedly rare owls from mexico, an overflight of some parrots prolly from Mexico, a fawn ( late in the year for him) and picked apples and pears at an old orchard. Got into a cave with some bad air --you try rigging an ascending system while your addled by not enough oxygen. Later I was head first down a hole with Brian holding a rope tied around my feet. Looks like yet another new project.

"Sigh"--- I need something nice and easy to do for a month or so. Mr. Green
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 9/15/2008, 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

gopher snake caused the hand injury ? Sent out to pickup a rattlesnake, while in the bucket she started laying the egg sacks. Left "mom' and nearly newborns in the nearby desert. Sorry you are missing the trip look forward to the pictures. Leaving thursday for several days, looks like its going to be the Heber area.
RedRoxx44
Queen of the Walkabout

PostPosted: 9/15/2008, 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nope, moving some rocks, smashed my hand. Snake we saw at edge of orchard near some late blackberries. Quite docile. When I picked him or her up near the tail just coiled a little. I just wanted an upclose view of the colors on the scales. Brian was right beside me but when I had the snake suddenly he was about 4 feet away---
Suz

PostPosted: 9/15/2008, 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Letty---hope you heal up quickly. If you're looking for something easy to do come hike with me Laughing .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Out of State Hikes All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: