ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
New, never used Osprey Atmos 50 Pack(s) for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Classifieds Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cynhikr

PostPosted: 8/27/2008, 10:30 am    Post subject: New, never used Osprey Atmos 50 Pack(s) for sale Reply to topic Reply with quote

Reviews here >> http://www.rei.com/product/748725?cm_mmc=cse_froogle-_-datafeed-_-product-_-748725&mr:trackingCode=C472F02B-D272-DD11-873B-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA#

One of the most rigorously designed packs on the market, the lightweight Osprey Atmos 50 sets a new standard in comfort for lightweight backpacking.
Top-loading design with a floating lid pocket allows extensive gear storage
Features twin front slash pockets with water-resistant welded zippers, stretch-woven front and side pockets and zippered mesh pockets on hipbelt
New easy path zippers make it simple to open the hipbelt pockets with one hand
Osprey AirSpeed suspension features an aluminum alloy frame and titanium torsion rods for support yet flexibility while carrying heavy loads
Anchoring to the lumbar area, the suspension provides uniform pressure with no hot spots
ErgoPull hipbelt closure provides extra leverage in cinching, drawing tension along top and bottom--not through the center--relieving hipbone pressure
Thermo-formed and perforated waffle-pattern shoulder straps and hipbelt save weight and enhance breathability
Hydration-compatible design features hydration tube portholes and uses cavity behind mesh backpanel to hold reservoir (sold separately)
Daisy chain with removable shockcord clips let you attach a bungee cord for lashing on extra gear
Removable sleeping pad straps
I have 2 - One is a short and one is a medium. The short is $100. and the Medium is $125. - Both are red.
Yes, they are on sale @ REI @ $150.(plus 8.1% sales tax) $161.05

Specifications for torso / waist and hips / base volume (cu. in. and liters) / weight are as follows:
Small - <18.5 in. / <31 in. / 2,800 cu. in. (47 liters) / 2 lbs. 15 oz.
Medium - 18-20.5 in. / 30-34 in. / 3,000 cu. in. (50 liters) / 3 lbs. 1 oz.
Large - >20 in. / >33 in. / 3,200 cu. in. (53 liters) / 3 lbs. 3 oz.

"I wonder what ole' Ben would've thought of the TSA and photo-radar?" -- cynhikr
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 8/27/2008, 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dang it Kurt, you should "try" some larges out so you can sell me those.
sbkelley

PostPosted: 8/27/2008, 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Those are great packs - I've been incredibly happy with mine, both for short backpacking trips and dayhikes.
Cynhikr

PostPosted: 8/27/2008, 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Davis2001R6 wrote:
Dang it Kurt, you should "try" some larges out so you can sell me those.

Tim,
Likely REI would exchange sizes for you - if you don't want to be bothered I'd be happy to do it for you, if you are sure you want it.
They both are totally unused with all tags attached and still in the manufacturers wrapping.
Let me know.

kurt

"I wonder what ole' Ben would've thought of the TSA and photo-radar?" -- cynhikr
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 8/27/2008, 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hmmm, why did you have to put that idea in my head. Let me think about, heading out of town this weekend.
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 8/27/2008, 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow that small is even lighter than the one I have now... but it is less space...hmmm, gee how could I pare down to fit my stuff.... You got me thinking now too!

You know you guys have really got me going with this gear stuff. I keep seeing things I think I need!!!! Crazy
Michelle look at Letty's pictures from the 30's maybe that will help (they didn't use much equipment)... sorry talking to myself here !! Rolling Eyes

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: