ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
New Camera
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
IGO

PostPosted: 5/23/2008, 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I know that feeling. I bought this camera as a close out. It is not a pro-sumer camera but rather a better starter dSLR. I bought it to drop and kick and beet up. I have better cameras for gentler days.
I'm taking a polarizing filter, this camera with shake reduction and a new 18-250 wonder lens and the devil may care.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 5/27/2008, 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh Geez Tim, with my luck with camera's that is not a good sign Shocked I dropped mine in the Cold water at Feb GHOTM and almost dove in after it, some could probably verify that. Hit a rock, bounced on a few other rocks as it moved with the current and scratched the screen a little, But it is still working !! I hope it continues to do so and doesn't follow your experience.... Man just when I think I got an armoured indestructo model Rolling Eyes

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 5/27/2008, 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well Michelle,

Later that trip we ran into a couple from Colorado that had were in on one of the cruise liners. They had the same camera and I told them about my experience a few days before.

They said they found theres while skiing after it had been run over by a snowcat. It still worked so they ordered a charger for it. It's been working fine for them. But thats 2 of these I've had problems with.

Now I know that I'm not easy on camera's by any means, but since these were expensive camera's I played it safe and haven't even taken them hiking.

We have to mail it back to olymphus for repairs, so I'll report back after this whole process.
IGO

PostPosted: 5/29/2008, 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

trying to test a new camera setup while riding with a half dozen other motorcycles is probably unfair to the test. Every shot was composed in a hurry and without much consideration. Still, the results I got from a hand-held 18-250 "Wonder Lens" was quite acceptable for the conditions. The 18-250 will make a fine walk-about for backpacking trips and On-Handlebars bike rides.
Images are here: http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=albvq32&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
RedRoxx44
Queen of the Walkabout

PostPosted: 5/29/2008, 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Here's a nifty idea--

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1041948/1_image_stabilizer_for_any_camera_lose_the_tripod/
IGO

PostPosted: 5/29/2008, 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Now that was cool.
BoyNhisDog
The dangerous place where the winds meet

PostPosted: 6/2/2008, 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sounds like a great new camera Robert. Enjoy!

Letty, use that new camera, take it out there! Recently a squall line came over a little desert camp and sent a micro burst so violent, it bent a three season tent to the ground but my camera is fine. Mr. Green Bent the poles back out and slept well. The stakes held. A mountaineering tent is in the works I think for those spring forays up in Utah where you never know what you will get. I find those violent storms every year now.

My camera is almost 4 years old now, still working fine after endless extremes. That Eagle Creek Scout II bag I keep the photo gear in works. Keeps it handly on my chest as well.
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 6/4/2008, 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That was pretty interesting Letty. Nifty I may try that out to see if it really does work. I liked that guys comment about creating motion sickness, that was kinda funny, but I guess when you do watch something moving, some could get motion sickness.

Couldn't find a post for you pics in the gallery with your new camera, but those are some wonderful shots. You always seem to be able to catch the moment and visualize yourself there

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: