ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
167 drops in 30 days

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
IGO

PostPosted: 5/8/2008, 6:41 pm    Post subject: 167 drops in 30 days Reply to topic Reply with quote

Huge fight with my computer. I missed an apointment with the Network tec today by 4 minutes. 1% chance I get this thing posted. I am SO fustrated. I have a new modem (wasn't it) new cables. Went outside to check cable connections. Did TCT/IP analysis. I'm seeing where Windows is no longer recommending Norton and I bought into a Norton Download at the first of April.
I'm supposed to know who to fix these things but this battle is just not ending.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
beckett

PostPosted: 5/8/2008, 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Glad to see you on the site!
Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
IGO

PostPosted: 5/8/2008, 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Still holdin'! I've had my hopes up several dozen times before though.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
evenstar

PostPosted: 5/8/2008, 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 167 drops in 30 days Reply to topic Reply with quote

IGO wrote:
Huge fight with my computer. I missed an appointment with the Network tec today by 4 minutes.

Probably need to check with azbackpackr; she's our resident High Tech Wizardess. Rolling Eyes Dismayed ROFLMAO
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
doug

PostPosted: 5/8/2008, 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't think that electrical tape will work here. 12:00, 12:00, 12:00...
Suz

PostPosted: 5/8/2008, 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

All is good again............... Smile We miss ya when you're not here! Pert near had to call S&R. You really should check in at "home" more frequently. Laughing
cakewalk

PostPosted: 5/8/2008, 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My windows XP will occasionally drop all internet connection at startup. For some reason unchecking TCP/IP, hit ok, then recheck it will solve the issue.
Im on vdsl thru qwest. Service pack 3 did not have any affect either.

By the way... NEVER call qwest tech support! Crazy
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 5/8/2008, 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

doug wrote:

However, duct tape might do the trick

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 5/9/2008, 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

High tech wizardess reporting for duty. Skip the duct tape, use white-out! Rolling Eyes

In an earlier discussion it seems most of us have abandoned Norton antivirus in favor of AVG.
evenstar

PostPosted: 5/9/2008, 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Trishness wrote:
doug wrote:

However, duct tape might do the trick

Mr. Green

Two tin cans and a long string! Razz
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
mick

PostPosted: 5/9/2008, 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have everything bundled on Cox cable and recently we got hit by lightning. TV signal and phone was OK but internet did not work. Got new modem - Technician verified cable too but still no internet. It turned out that the internet port on the 3 way splitter was bad. This port has less attenuation than the other two but if it is lossy it may drop your connection.
IGO

PostPosted: 5/11/2008, 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OK. I did use white out and duct tape. I also got rid of a splitter I was using to bring TV to my computer. I replaced the coax from my wall to the computer. I replaced the modem and the network cable. Nothing.
Cox Communication agreed that it sounded like their problem and the issue was upstream of my modem. I had a 5:15 appointment with them Friday. Their office called me at 5:11 to say the appointment was cancelled because I was not at home at 5:15. (There is no such thing as good service in Las Vegas)
My very best guess is the guy DID open the service panel outside and tighten the feed cable while he was here sense he was here to troubleshoot upstream anyway. I have lost connectivity sense. Let’s see how it goes.
Sorry about this folks. I never meant to worry anybody. You are the best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: