ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Gallery Issues?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
PageRob

PostPosted: 4/28/2008, 7:00 am    Post subject: Gallery Issues? Reply to topic Reply with quote

I seem to be having trouble accessing the gallery this morning. I was able to get into it fine last night, and even uploaded some photos, but now it won't load at all. Anyone else having these issues?
Erock

PostPosted: 4/28/2008, 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The gallery isn't loading for me either. In fact it took a while for the site itself to load up when I signed on this morning.
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 12/25/2008, 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am trying to upload photos, I get to the "upload now" stage and nothing happens, is it me or the site?

Thanks.
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 12/25/2008, 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Shawn wrote:
I am trying to upload photos, I get to the "upload now" stage and nothing happens, is it me or the site?

Everything appears to be in order, Shawn. Just added a pic to your new album. What browser are you using?

Although, my testing of the gallery could be a moot point, give it another try.
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 12/25/2008, 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Usually at night I have problems getting the gallery to load. Some days it's fine, the next it might now be.
Shawn

PostPosted: 12/25/2008, 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nope, nothing happens when I click on "upload now." I finally have this new notebook running, don't know why that would be an issue, if I can get this far it should finish. ????
Shawn

PostPosted: 12/28/2008, 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I notice I get an "error on page" message when I click "upload now." Any ideas? Does security software block this? This came with McAfee.
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 12/28/2008, 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

McAfee may be blocking it, Internet Explorer pop up blocker will do it and anything like a Google or Yahoo toolbar will block things too.

See if McAfee has a section to allow certain sites to allow pop ups.

GTG
Shawn

PostPosted: 12/28/2008, 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I turned off those toolbars, and changed settings with McAfee, no luck.

In the upload window, when I click "Upload" it immediately gives an "error on page" message.

I notice that along the bottome of that window there is a message "Internet" then an vertical line, then "Protected Mode: On"

Do you think this has anything to do with it? I can check that feature from a differnt computer tomorrow.

I'm heading out over the back fence for some exercise, 3 days laying around the house on full feed has taken an ugly toll, so no hurry on any of this.

Thankks
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 12/28/2008, 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Shawn,

I'll bet it does have to do with the default security settings for Internet in IE7. Go to Tools/Internet Options/Security and then click on the Trusted Sites icon. Click the Sites button and uncheck the Require Server Verification box. Add the complete AZH url (http://www.arizonahikers.com) in the top location and click Add. Close IE and then try the upload feature again.
Shawn

PostPosted: 12/28/2008, 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks Tom.

I did all that and it tracked just as you said it would. I got some wierd behavior fom the site--it deleted the cookies that log me in when I open the site, but only once. I logged in manually and clicked the box to remember me.

Now when I get to the "upload" stage, I click it an nothing happens. There is no longer the messages at the bottom of the screen about protected mode.

Do I need new "permission" from the site?

I'm sure the issue is on my end, I can't load to HAZ either.

??
Thanks
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 12/28/2008, 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Shawn wrote:

Welll, you kind of left that little tid-bit out. I'd say that it's your browser or some kind of security software like Todd mentions. Have you tried Firefox yet? if they both have the same result, then it will be pretty hard to diagnose online.
GTG

PostPosted: 12/28/2008, 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tom Treks wrote:
Shawn wrote:

Welll, you kind of left that little tid-bit out. I'd say that it's your browser or some kind of security software like Todd mentions. Have you tried Firefox yet? if they both have the same result, then it will be pretty hard to diagnose online.

Shawn, I have some software that we could use to let me into your PC temporarily to see if I can diagnose this issue. You would see everything I do and once I disconnect, I can't get back unless you let me. PM me if you want some help.

GTG
GTG

PostPosted: 12/29/2008, 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Gallery Issues? Reply to topic Reply with quote

PageRob wrote:
I seem to be having trouble accessing the gallery this morning. I was able to get into it fine last night, and even uploaded some photos, but now it won't load at all. Anyone else having these issues?

This would probably be because backups were still running on the server. Backups are a resource hog. We expaect to have a new server set up in the next few weeks.

GTG
GTG

PostPosted: 12/29/2008, 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Davis2001R6 wrote:
Usually at night I have problems getting the gallery to load. Some days it's fine, the next it might now be.

That would also probably be due to backups running. Again, with a new server setup, we should beable to avoid this.

GTG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: