ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Shoe inserts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt Hoffman

PostPosted: 3/5/2008, 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

azbackpackr wrote:

I am still annoyed with REI in Tempe for their very poor service in the shoe dept. I'll go to Summit Hut in Tucson the next time.

I haven't experienced bad service at REI, but I do think that Summit Hut is a far superior store. I make sure to visit every time I'm in Tucson. I've bought several pairs of boots there, going out of my way to do so.

Just so everyone knows, they do sell Spenco insoles at REI; just not the good ones.
MikeInFHAZ

PostPosted: 3/6/2008, 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I like the (look of) Spenco's too. Superfeet are just insoles with a plastic piece from the mid-foot to the heel. $35 for that?
I cant tell a difference from the Superfeets I purchased and the stock insoles on my last 3 trail runners. My newest shoes (besides the Lasportiva slingshots-which I havent worn yet) are the Garmont Nasty and the superfeets actually reduced comfort. Most high quality shoes have a good insole. Even merrell's are comfortable, if only they lasted longer. Im not sold on them, and if you look you will see plenty of negative reviews. shop around.
*merrells are made and owned by Wolverine Co.
*golite are made and owned by Timberland
*neither have outstanding reviews of their products

what i do
BoyNhisDog
The dangerous place where the winds meet

PostPosted: 3/6/2008, 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Michelle, some people love Superfeet and some hate them. I know some of both but I am in the latter. I hate them. I like New Balance Pressure Relief insoles, all day comfort on the rugged offtrail terrain for my use and will use them over anything else. I find them as different as night & day from others though I have liked Spenco insoles as well and have walked a lot of miles in them. Good luck finding your own walking heaven cause it is very good when you do.
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 3/6/2008, 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your input.
I bought my Lowa's at the Hiking Shack... the guy spent about 2 hours with me and many different brands of boots. I found a pair that were really comfy and I love them. Walked around store, in/out side for about 45 min. The guy guaranteed me that I could wear them first time out no break-in. Said if I got a blister or my feet hurt he would take them back. I tried them w/o break-in and sure enough they were good. Just after having them for a few years, in/out water I suppose the insoles have compressed and just aren't as comfy. They are still in good shape but I need and will get another pair. I'm watching for a sale if possible. They were not cheap. But then again if they are that comfortable $$ should be no object. So I'll check around and look at all the suggestions offered and come up with a plan. Thanks again everyone.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
evenstar

PostPosted: 3/6/2008, 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://www.lowaboots.com/home/?CFID=4790558&CFTOKEN=99629851
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Tommy

PostPosted: 3/7/2008, 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
Superfeet are just insoles with a plastic piece from the mid-foot to the heel. $35 for that?

This does seem pricey. But I have heard from several superfeet lovers that one of the reasons they love them is that this insole cushion outlasts any other insole they've tried. They replace their shoes/boots 2 or 3 times before needing to replace their superfeet.

I'm afraid if I buy them, they will become yet another piece of gear I was fine doing without, but after trying, is now a dire necessity. like trekking poles.
desertgirl

PostPosted: 3/7/2008, 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

[quote="Tommy"]
Quote:
They replace their shoes/boots 2 or 3 times before needing to replace their superfeet.

I have a pair that goes from shoe to shoe ( They usually go into the pair I am using ) ...for over 5 years. They do last awhile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: