ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
"GRAND OBSESSION- Harvey Butchart and the Exploration..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abe

PostPosted: 12/24/2007, 4:53 am    Post subject: "GRAND OBSESSION- Harvey Butchart and the Exploration.. Reply to topic Reply with quote

Picked up this book by Elias Butler and Tom Myers over the week-end. Tom Myers also co-authored the book Over the Edge. "Grand Obsession" promises to be a good read.
maryphyl
Grand Canyon Enchantress

PostPosted: 12/27/2007, 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My daughter bought me a copy awhile back when Tom and Elias came into her curio store to ask her to stock the book. They both signed it for me--really nice. Harvey was my trig teacher in 1963. Great book--people are complicated creatures.
desertgirl

PostPosted: 12/28/2007, 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I got the book ysterday night & am on chapter #8!
threedogz

PostPosted: 12/29/2007, 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I may go buy this to read on the drive up to the GC next Thursday. Sounds like a good book.
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 5/29/2008, 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just finished reading it and really enjoyed it.

Funny thing, I have known Harvey's daughter for 9 years--she lives up here in my town. I have heard of Harvey since I was about 19 years old in the early 70's, and bought two of his guidebooks back then, which I still have, but even though I knew Ann I didn't know she was his daughter! Amazing!

I have been in contact with Elias Butler and hope to get my book signed next time I am in Flag.
ChefTIO

PostPosted: 5/29/2008, 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just finished this book as well 2 weeks ago. The title certainly fits this biography. I really enjoyed every chapter.
Matt Hoffman

PostPosted: 5/29/2008, 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have 30 pages left. I will finish it either tonight or tomorrow night. What an awesome and enlightening read!

Elias Butler is great! If you have a chance to see one of his presentations, I highly recommend you go! I have seen 2 of his presentations over the last few months and they were both terrific. Elias also signed my book and pointed me in some very promising directions in regards to getting my own career in photography started. Geez...listen to me...I'm gushing! I can't help it. Elias is a cool dude!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: