ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Christmas Tree

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Polls Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  

When do you put up your Christmas Tree?
Thanksgiving Weekend
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
First part of December
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
Right before Christmas
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
No Christmas Tree
38%
 38%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 21

Suz

PostPosted: 11/14/2007, 5:55 am    Post subject: Christmas Tree Reply to topic Reply with quote

When do you put up your Christmas Tree?
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/14/2007, 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I put mine up after the first week in December some time..... some times the week before Christmas some times two weeks before.... depends on my schedule and my mood....I start playing Christmas music the day after Thanks Giving!

I want to shine!
IGO

PostPosted: 11/14/2007, 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I haven't had a Christmas Tree in 20 years but Mom used to bring one in anytime after Thanksgiving.
There are lights on one house on the way to work already. I hate it when stores do that but can't fault people who have the spirit.
Suz

PostPosted: 11/14/2007, 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My plan is always to put it up after I clean up the Thanksgiving dishes and the last dinner guest leaves............unless I'm loading up my pack and heading off for a chance of seeing blue Rolling Eyes
Hnak

PostPosted: 11/14/2007, 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm never home on Christmas, so I don't put up a tree. Besides, the fake ones look so, well, fake, and I don't feel like killing a live one. But that's just me...
Suz

PostPosted: 11/14/2007, 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey don't you have a tree in your front yard that could be decorated and plugged in?
Hnak

PostPosted: 11/14/2007, 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, yea, I s'pose I could try that..... But lights on a Manzanita bush might look kinda weird, and the branches on the Ponderosas are way too high. Maybe the scrub oaks....
evenstar

PostPosted: 11/14/2007, 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Last time I put up a tree my daughter was still living at home.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
beckett

PostPosted: 11/14/2007, 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

When the kids were little we had real trees, then we went to the fake ones for a few years. Last year we used one from our backyard that needed to be removed anyways. It was so nice to have a real tree again...the smells and all. I will probably get another real one this year...but just a small one. It's much harder to get in the mood to put up a tree when there are no small children around.
Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
IGO

PostPosted: 11/14/2007, 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I used to buy the Charley Brown trees. Everybody needs a chance.
jdahling

PostPosted: 11/15/2007, 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No tree for me ... I am rarely home over the holidays, and decorating becomes a hassle. I do enjoy, though, going for a run at night and seeing all the decorating that everyone else does.

it's lovely!

"Life is an adventure ... Made for an adventurer ..."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 11/15/2007, 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
I am rarely home over the holidays, and decorating becomes a hassle. I do enjoy, though, going for a run at night and seeing all the decorating that everyone else does.

it's lovely!

Ditto that, this year it is Grand Canyon again for Thanksgiving and Anza Borrego again for Christmas. I love them both.

Speaking of running I need to do a 20 miler tomorrow. Running the Grand Cayman Marathon, Dec 2, my daughter is currently living and working there. Might do the Lost Dutchman in February, will be doing the Old Pueblo 50 Endurance run again in March, then possibly the Zane Grey 50. Was signed up for Zane Grey last year but went to the canyons of the Escalante for two weeks instead. Laughing

Do you run any ultras? This will be my first marathon. The humidity in Cayman is my main concern.
desertgirl

PostPosted: 11/15/2007, 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Arizonaheat wrote:
Quote:
I am rarely home over the holidays, and decorating becomes a hassle. I do enjoy, though, going for a run at night and seeing all the decorating that everyone else does.

it's lovely!

Ditto that, this year it is Grand Canyon again for Thanksgiving and Anza Borrego again for Christmas. I love them both.

Speaking of running I need to do a 20 miler tomorrow. Running the Grand Cayman Marathon, Dec 2, my daughter is currently living and working there. Might do the Lost Dutchman in February, will be doing the Old Pueblo 50 Endurance run again in March, then possibly the Zane Grey 50. Was signed up for Zane Grey last year but went to the canyons of the Escalante for two weeks instead. Laughing

Do you run any ultras? This will be my first marathon. The humidity in Cayman is my main concern.

Best of luck to get a kick butt time .... You sure picked a fine place to start! We could start a watch Heat run thread to hear about your exploits...I am sure you will have some stories to tell...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: