ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Isssues With Site Upgrade 11/12/2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
evenstar

PostPosted: 12/11/2007, 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Todd, I was getting ready to post this when I saw you post about my new sig line being too long and causing the Debug Message:

This is totally freaking weird! My bookmark for AZH takes me to the "Board" rather than the "Home" page....I've always had it that way. My browser is Firefox and, using Firefox, I have no problem being automatically signed in to the Board but when I try to change my "evenstar" profile I get the message I posted in Announcements; BUT I can sign in as "Richie Rich" and change that profile with no problem. Second problem......if I try signing in using IE as my browser, I get a page with the following:

Home Board AZH Gear FAQ Rules Search
Members Register
Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

ArizonaHikers Forum Index
Information

Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

Note the missing items in the header, "Articles, Calendar, Gallery" etc. If I click on "Home" I'm taken to the "Home" page where I have to log in and then I get the Board; BUT if I move to another site and then click on AZH in my toolbar or bookmarks, I get the above message again; BUT I can use my back arrow in my toolbar and get back to the board.

On my laptop, using my home wireless network I get the above page whether I'm using Firefox or IE.

I've run Virus Scan, my spybot scan and come up empty on both computers. I've bypassed my wireless router and connected both computers directly to the cable modem and still have all the same problems. I've tried everything I can think of, updated everything, checked security setting, firewall and still have the problem.

I can't say this has to do with the upgrade of the site, but I haven't changed anything or added new programs and am totally puzzled how this could affect BOTH computers.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
evenstar

PostPosted: 12/11/2007, 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

BTW, my laptop hasn't been turned on for over a week. The only reason I turned it on was to see if I could make the profile change from the laptop rather than my desktop. And when I clicked in the AZH link on my toolbar I got the

Home Board AZH Gear FAQ Rules Search
Members Register
Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

ArizonaHikers Forum Index
Information

Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

message.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 12/11/2007, 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hooli, empty the temporary internet files for the browsers and try it again. If that doesn't work, then manually add the address in the address bar and see what happens. If it comes up okay, then recreate the links.
evenstar

PostPosted: 12/11/2007, 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tried typing in my original Bio rather than cut and paste to see if it would take. (This is the same Bio I've had for almost four years) No go! Tried shortening my Bio by various lengths to see if I could get it to take; finally, by reducing it to one sentence, it took. Anything longer I still got the,

Could not update users table

DEBUG MODE
etc. message.
evenstar

PostPosted: 12/11/2007, 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, thanks Tom; simplest solution I hadn't thought of before worked to get rid of this problem: "Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

Seems that the web address for the for forum was changed with the upgrade, and because I always linked directly to the forum rather than the home page it caused the problem. Can't believe I'm the only one that bypassed the Home page; wonder who else may be having fits?

Deleted all the previous bookmarks, went through the home page, signed in, checked "auto log-in" and redid all my toolbar and bookmark links on both computers for both Firefix and IE. Problem solved! Apparently something in the upgrade made all my previous bookmark links to AZH obsolete. Wish I'd thought of this a few hours ago! Now I'm gonna go see if I can redo my profile.

OK, didn't correct the profile problem, but I can live without a five sentence Bio!

Need a Martini! drink up
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 12/11/2007, 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hmmm...and it won't let me update an avatar either. I'm getting a general debug error and then all my profile info.

HELP! <please>

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
evenstar

PostPosted: 12/11/2007, 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Trishness wrote:
Hmmm...and it won't let me update an avatar either. I'm getting a general debug error and then all my profile info.

HELP! <please>

Mr. Green

Yeah, I still have the profile update problem. Spoke to Todd earlier tonight and they're working on it with, I think, Mike's help! Very Happy
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 12/14/2007, 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

When I try to edit any of my albums in the gallery, the gallery closes and I am taken back to the Forum Index.
Suz

PostPosted: 12/14/2007, 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah Trish......you're a little blue question mark right now.
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 12/14/2007, 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz wrote:
Yeah Trish......you're a little blue question mark right now.

I always wanted to be that

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 12/14/2007, 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm melting~~~~melting~~~~melting~~~~

and just disappeared!

Mr. Green

desertgirl

PostPosted: 1/20/2008, 5:21 pm    Post subject: Center Function not working ? Reply to topic Reply with quote

[center] [/center] Does not work!
bsnyder

PostPosted: 1/22/2008, 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

<center></center>
beckett

PostPosted: 1/24/2008, 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I always log in pretty early before work and I noticed the "bad" posts seemed to have been stopped for a while. I see that they seem to have found a way back in. Since I am on the east coast I'm on two hours earlier than many. Any new tricks to try blocking them again?
Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
desertgirl

PostPosted: 1/24/2008, 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

[center]
bsnyder wrote:
<center></center>
[/center]

When you use the Center Tag from Preview it no longer works

Your tag <center>This works</center> does not seem to work either ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: