ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Isssues With Site Upgrade 11/12/2007
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 11/12/2007, 9:55 pm    Post subject: Isssues With Site Upgrade 11/12/2007 Reply to topic Reply with quote

We ran the software upgrade over the weekend to patch up some security issues which in turn caused some other issues with the site. Unfortunately the issues caused by the upgrade are user related and very uncommon. With software programming it's usually either no one's account works or everyone's account works, not some do, some don't. Please be patient with us in our times of growth and we'll get the bugs ironed out as quickly as we can.

In the meantime, please use this thread to post things that are wrong with the site and NOT things that are wrong with each other. If you can't post for some reason, you can email me at Community@ArizonaHikers.com.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,
GTG
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 11/13/2007, 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: Isssues With Site Upgrade 11/12/2007 Reply to topic Reply with quote

GTG wrote:
In the meantime, please use this thread to post things that are wrong with the site and NOT things that are wrong with each other.

Boy, that's a tall order! I'm just not sure we can be that self-disciplined! Laughing

So, anyway, ON TOPIC, ahem, ahem, drum roll, why is it that now at the bottom of a thread there is no longer a box for a reply, and now you have to click on Post Reply? (It's really not a big deal, I guess. But hey, Todd, you created this post for us to complain on! So you must want some complaints, right? I'm just being cooperative!)
Suz

PostPosted: 11/13/2007, 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Todd--
2 things
---when I quote in a reply the post won't go through the first time. (and now apparently even when I use the "reply" it's a problem, too) I have to resubmit and sometimes then it continues to give an invalid session message directing me to resubmit. I can get around it by cutting and pasting as a reply....seems to be the quote thing.

----I was trying to post a sign up and info for the Christmas Party and couldn't see the sign up option. If I'm just missing it let me know.

Thanks for your time on this.
GTG

PostPosted: 11/13/2007, 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz wrote:
Todd--
2 things
---when I quote in a reply the post won't go through the first time. (and now apparently even when I use the "reply" it's a problem, too) I have to resubmit and sometimes then it continues to give an invalid session message directing me to resubmit. I can get around it by cutting and pasting as a reply....seems to be the quote thing.

Early in the AM the site will be fussy about posting and responsiveness because the server is running backups which are very resource intensive. If this happens during the day regularly, let me know.

Elizabeth, we'll have the "Quick Reply" feature returned soonly. I was just discussing with another member last night how difficult it is for members to have to click twice to reply VS once. Wink

Thanks for y'alls patience,

GTG
GTG

PostPosted: 11/13/2007, 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz wrote:
Todd--
----I was trying to post a sign up and info for the Christmas Party and couldn't see the sign up option. If I'm just missing it let me know.

The Registration module for all Events is gone now, we'll do our best to get that up and running as soon as possible too. Sorry for any inconveniences this has caused.

GTG
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 11/13/2007, 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Todd we know you guys are working hard at it, no need to apologize for any delays or for making us click twice on something.
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 11/13/2007, 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

FAQ and Rules internal links point to old board.

Journal link points back to forum page.

When a profile is viewed, information is missing. (i.e. age, bio, etc.)
beckett

PostPosted: 11/13/2007, 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just to echo what Davis numbers said...no need to apologize. You're doing a great job and I'm sure all the tiny bugs will be ironed out. Thanks again. Please let us know if funds begin to run out.
Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/13/2007, 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

GTG wrote:
Suz wrote:
Todd--

The Registration module for all Events is gone now, we'll do our best to get that up and running as soon as possible too. Sorry for any inconveniences this has caused.

GTG

Yes, I noticed that the sign up for the GHOTM for December is now gone and I wasn't able to access anything the sign up option either. Will check again at the end of the week to see if it's been restored.

Thanks

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
beckett

PostPosted: 11/13/2007, 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The store is working now! Just put in my order for my mugs.
Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 11/13/2007, 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Davis2001R6 wrote:
Todd we know you guys are working hard at it, no need to apologize for any delays or for making us click twice on something.

OOHHH my poor finger!
threedogz

PostPosted: 11/13/2007, 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

All the issues I have been having has been rectified.

Thanks for all the time and effort you guys are putting in to make the security transition run as smooth as possible.
Sande J
Calamity J

PostPosted: 11/13/2007, 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Double thanks from me too....I know it is alot of extra work to keep tabs on all of us.... I think I can finally log in and actually view and post without being logged off..... Shocked Confused Very Happy
I really appreciate this site and all your hard work to keep it up and running. Wink
IGO

PostPosted: 11/13/2007, 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Use kidz are doing great. Take a break.
desertgirl

PostPosted: 11/13/2007, 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It still does not remember me Sad and errors out if I click the Arizona hikers Logo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: