ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Eagles - Long Road Out of Eden
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/18/2007, 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Eagles are one of my favorite band from the 70's although I never did see them in concert until 2005 (and tickets WEREN'T $4.50 or even $17.50 but more like triple digits) They were awesome in concert and it was well worth the money!!!!

Can't wait to get their new CD.

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
IGO

PostPosted: 11/18/2007, 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

lzyboy wrote:
IGO wrote:
I’ve associated the Eagles with backpacking and the desert south west from day one, hence all the blabbing on this forum.

I was going thru an ugly, ugly divorce, struggling at being a good single dad, trepidation about being able to keep my job, and a plethora of other "character building" situations at the peak of the Eagles popularity. I've always associated every song with heartache, despair, the bar scene and cheating spouses, so there you go.

Give me Jimmy Buffett any day. Or the Who...

By the way IGO, you work for Wal-Mart? Lotta plugs in there... just wondering...

Seems like you shouldn't ave listened to them back then. Why did you? Very Happy
Wal-Mart has the distribution contract for this CD, not a record label. The Eagles wanted to sell the CD cheap instead of over pricing it hence the paper jacket and the Wal-Mart thing.
Double CD $11.88
IGO

PostPosted: 11/18/2007, 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Trishness wrote:
Eagles are one of my favorite band from the 70's although I never did see them in concert until 2005 (and tickets WEREN'T $4.50 or even $17.50 but more like triple digits) They were awesome in concert and it was well worth the money!!!!

Can't wait to get their new CD.

Mr. Green

I still have every ticket stub!
lzyboy

PostPosted: 11/18/2007, 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

IGO wrote:
Seems like you shouldn't ave listened to them back then. Why did you? Very Happy

Didn't say they didn't have a bit of talent dunno , just said that was my association. Like when I hear Jimmy Buffett I think about good times I've had in the Carribean Margarita! , and when I hear Jean Michel Jarre I think about near epics I've had in the Colorado Rockies Freezing , and when I hear 50cent I think about tossin' my cookies Wacko ... Just an association, that's all...
IGO

PostPosted: 11/18/2007, 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

lzyboy wrote:
IGO wrote:

and when I hear 50cent I think about tossin' my cookies Wacko ... Just an association, that's all...

Pink Yes

I hear ya loud and clear. I just got up from the living room to come in here and make that last reply sound better. I wouldn't take away from your experiences for anything in the world. I won't even start the whys here but I will suffice to say that every song those guys wrote they wrote about me and my association is probably identical to yours. Still, it is said that a great song writer cannot convey a message about something he/she is unfamiliar with.
and yep, Buffet can fix anything 50 cent can break for sure.
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 11/20/2007, 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My 3 year old son loves to watch the Eagles Farewell I DVD. You should hear him sing "Take it to the Limit" (umm, make that "Take it to the Mimit"). The first song on the second disk is "Life's Been Good". Walsh wears a construction helmet with a camera mounted in it, and videos the crowd during his guitar solo. The video is shown on the big screens above the stage. Elijah runs to get his Bob the Builder helmet from Halloween '06 and his toy guitar, then emulates Joe's every move. It's classic! He's also starting to get into the Hell Freezes Over DVD more now, mainly because Felder plays mandolin on "Tequila Sunrise" (Daddy plays mando, too).

I can't wait till he's old enough for me to start teaching him to play guitar... He's already getting pretty good on harmonica! Cool

We'll be picking up a copy of the new CD later this week!
IGO

PostPosted: 11/20/2007, 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

They are timeless. What they did 30 years ago works today. You son is in for a treat if he likes Joe Walsh. He's got two tunes on this one. One is called Last Good Time in Town and it's kinda magical for a party tune. GREAT Joe Walsh stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: