ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Christmas Party 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Polls Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do we want to have the usual AZH Christmas Party ? Vote for a prefered weekend...
Weekend of Dec 1-2
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Weekend of Dec 15-16
73%
 73%  [ 11 ]
Weekend of Dec 22-23
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

evenstar

PostPosted: 10/25/2007, 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hikngrl wrote:
GTG wrote:
I'm voting for the 15th. I prefer that we have it at someone's house and not as a campout kind of deal. My vote is also for Hikngrl's house with the firepit lit. Jaimi, how about you doing the cook's club dealie with Christmas cookies in the AM and then the Christmas party at Diane's in the PM?

GTG

Excuse me! You want me to cook cookies at Jaimi's all day then run home and have a party!? Are you gonna higher the caterers and the house cleaners and the yard guys to make all this happen?! Perhaps they could be done on seperate days......

It's called "Multitasking" Diane! Sheeshh!
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
paintninaz

PostPosted: 10/25/2007, 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hikngrl wrote:
A progressive party is where you have part of it at one person's house then move on to the next persons house for the next part of it....kind of like a progressive dinner....kind of difficult though when we all live so spread out....

ok good, not as scary as I was expecting! Wink Although, as you say, not very feasible with us so spread out.

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 10/25/2007, 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
It's called "Multiasking" Diane! Sheeshh!

Multiasking....? hummmm you mean like "Hey, Hooli will you do my dishes today so I can have a party tonight?" "and Hooli while you are at it can you vacume for me, oh and one more thing, will you make a nice pot of soup and some home made bread for the party?"You mean like that multiasking Hooli?

I want to shine!
Suz

PostPosted: 10/25/2007, 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:
Hikngrl wrote:
A progressive party is where you have part of it at one person's house then move on to the next persons house for the next part of it....kind of like a progressive dinner....kind of difficult though when we all live so spread out....

ok good, not as scary as I was expecting! Wink Although, as you say, not very feasible with us so spread out.

Ah----------so were you thinking about a party that got progressively worse or progressively-something-or-other as the night went on? Shocked
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 10/26/2007, 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey Diane,
If Todd is willing to hire the cleaners, we all bring potluck and you can do the cookie thing. Then you do the flour on the face and ruffle your hair and coming dragging with your plate of cookies, exhausted from dealing with a hot oven all day ! Laughing I saw that on a commercial once, it worked in the commercial, maybe it could work for you!

Just teasing, I agree, it would be alot of work to try do both in the same day, you'd really have to be prepped ahead of time and with work/life that can be difficult to get it all done!

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
paintninaz

PostPosted: 10/26/2007, 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz wrote:
paintninaz wrote:
Hikngrl wrote:

Ah----------so were you thinking about a party that got progressively worse or progressively-something-or-other as the night went on? Shocked

I think it was the not knowing what it was progressing towards that had me worried! Laughing

Hikngrl

PostPosted: 10/26/2007, 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So shall we move forward with the planning? Whats the next step? How do we decide where it will be.....? I am thinkin that is the first decision so then we can decide when said individual will be able to have it.... It is kinda lookin like the 15th is the weekend most are in favor of.....

I want to shine!
paintninaz

PostPosted: 10/26/2007, 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hikngrl wrote:
So shall we move forward with the planning? Whats the next step? How do we decide where it will be.....? I am thinkin that is the first decision so then we can decide when said individual will be able to have it.... It is kinda lookin like the 15th is the weekend most are in favor of.....

Let's see what are our options...Tim's house, Suz's house, Jaimi's house, Diane's house, (White Tanks? Wink )

maybe we need a poll to vote for location?

Hikngrl

PostPosted: 10/26/2007, 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Go for it Tracy! I gotta go to work where I have no access to the site or I would....

I want to shine!
Hnak

PostPosted: 10/26/2007, 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:

Let's see what are our options...Tim's house, Suz's house, Jaimi's house, Diane's house, (White Tanks? Wink )

Yea! White Tanks!!!

Wink just kidding....
desertgirl

PostPosted: 10/26/2007, 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

May be I can muddy the waters further ....how about my place ? Multiple fire pits ...seating and opens space right behind my house for some fun n games.
desertgirl

PostPosted: 10/26/2007, 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hello...where is everbody these days ? Perhaps - out hiking Confused Just wanted to extend an invite to every one the site to chime in ...you all are welcome to come ? New people where are you ....

On a different thread -- do folks for PHX valley ever go and cut a tree for Christmas ?
jdahling

PostPosted: 10/26/2007, 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

we can always do it in Fountain Hills at my house. It's not the most central, but certainly an option.

Jeannine

"Life is an adventure ... Made for an adventurer ..."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
desertgirl

PostPosted: 10/26/2007, 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks to Tracy for a handy-dandy list: Christmas party locations so far.....

Tim's house (North Phoenix)
Diane's house (Peoria)
Susan's house (Gold Canyon)
Jaimi's house (Tempe)
Ambika's house (Chandler)
Jeannine's house (Fountain Hills)

A new poll for party location will be posted Nov 1st ....
and you can vote for your preferred location. Up until then ....
in tribute to the political processes of this free nation ...

lets lobby Very Happy
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 10/26/2007, 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I didn't see the white tanks on the list Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: