ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
CMS for phpbb?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cleck

PostPosted: 10/17/2007, 9:08 am    Post subject: CMS for phpbb? Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am trying to put together a site for a friend as a favor and I am going to use phpbb in order to keep it free. It is going to be a site for a bunch of state game and fish departments to post poacher information.

I LOVE the CMS that you are using on this site. Would you please point me in the direction of the hack you are using? Thanks!
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 10/17/2007, 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: CMS for phpbb? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cleck wrote:
Would you please point me in the direction of the hack you are using? Thanks!

Would that be you Todd?
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 10/17/2007, 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cleck wrote:
I am trying to put together a site for a friend as a favor and I am going to use phpbb in order to keep it free. It is going to be a site for a bunch of state game and fish departments to post poacher information.

I LOVE the CMS that you are using on this site. Would you please point me in the direction of the hack you are using? Thanks!

There really is no cms, its all heavily modified phpbb with the template "subTrail" which is so much better than their ugly blue default. I think the home page is something called "Portal" by Smartor. I couldn't get to his site, don't know if he still does hacks or not. Mike can tell you all about it since he installed it, but most of the hacks or modifications can be found here: http://www.phpbbhacks.com/ If you are going to use the latest version of phpbb I don't think these mods will work, but I'm sure equivalents will be coming soon if they don't already exist. Good Luck!
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 10/17/2007, 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Stan's right, there isn't a CMS on the board. There is a portal, though. It's been a few years, but I believe it was ezPortal. You can download it here:

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/694
Cleck

PostPosted: 10/17/2007, 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Outstanding! Thanks guys!

I am using a CMPS on my board... it looks like I left out the 'P' when I should have left out the 'CMS' Very Happy
MikeInFHAZ

PostPosted: 10/17/2007, 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hey Cleck, what an outstanding site you have. I appreciate the link and love all of the topics and forum categories. Off roading, rock climbing, fishing and shooting? its all there... wow.
you guys should check it out. Mike

what i do
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 10/18/2007, 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

American_Idol wrote:
hey Cleck, what an outstanding site you have. I appreciate the link and love all of the topics and forum categories. Off roading, rock climbing, fishing and shooting? its all there... wow.
you guys should check it out. Mike

Yes indeed, but I had to duck when Cleck's avatar popped up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: