ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Dog Parks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suz

PostPosted: 9/25/2007, 6:32 am    Post subject: Dog Parks Reply to topic Reply with quote

In my quest to socialize this sweet puppy of mine I'm looking for some valley dog parks.

Any ideas?
PageRob

PostPosted: 9/25/2007, 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, there's a new one in Page, but that doesn't help you much, does it? Wink
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 9/25/2007, 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think I saw something in the newspapers a while back about new dog parks in Tempe, Gilbert and/or Mesa, just can't remember. You might try calling the Parks Offices in these cities for info. I know they exist but just not where.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
chihiggs

PostPosted: 9/25/2007, 7:13 am    Post subject: Dog park Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey Suz...

The north east corner of Ray and Greenfield rds; it's Cosmo park. It has a large fence area that gives dogs access to the pond or drinking fountains.... Great playground toys for us too--or maybe the kids but who's watching?!? Laughing
AFScout80

PostPosted: 9/25/2007, 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Jenna Jameson has a place called "Doggy Style," not sure if Sadie would like it though. Gitterdun.
evenstar

PostPosted: 9/25/2007, 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Large dog part here in SCW, but too far.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
YH
Hooli Wants to be just like me!

PostPosted: 9/25/2007, 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hooli's RV. Just park your puppy there. Richie Rich can mentor around social skills, but remember Richie has the Master Suite so your puppy will have to stay in the guest bed. Hooli gets the lawn chair...again.

P.S. Be sure to get your puppy's menu requests in early so Hooli can get the shopping done. Very Happy
evenstar

PostPosted: 9/25/2007, 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

YH wrote:
Hooli's RV. Just park your puppy there. Richie Rich can mentor around social skills, but remember Richie has the Master Suite so your puppy will have to stay in the guest bed. Hooli gets the lawn chair...again.

P.S. Be sure to get your puppy's menu requests in early so Hooli can get the shopping done. Very Happy

Going on ten years old, Richie Rich gets a little grumpy around rambunctious pups! Rolling Eyes
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
ChefTIO

PostPosted: 9/25/2007, 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

chihiggs wrote:
Hey Suz...

The north east corner of Ray and Greenfield rds; it's Cosmo park.

This one was rated the #1 Dog Park in the country awhile back ( I think)
outside1

PostPosted: 9/25/2007, 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cosmo Park is the best dog park around by far, but I do not know if it has reopened. Last I heard they had been remolding it while the weather was hot. Bear and I hit the park once or twice a month in the winter months.

If you go, check out the coffee shop and/or Joe’s Farm grill they are just off to the west of the park entrance. I think it is the first right turn on baseline (coming from Highley).

Tony
Suz

PostPosted: 9/26/2007, 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Rob, Sadie and I might be at that Dog Park in Page sooner that you would think. Send a link or pictures if you can.

I guess that's another question---which restaurants are dog friendly?
Suz

PostPosted: 10/7/2007, 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

COMO'S was a great dog park, thanks for the suggestion.

Sadie and I went there on Saturday to meet up with a friend and his dog. We stayed for hours. At first Sadie had her tail tucked up to her belly button but within 15 minutes she was playing and greeting strangers. The parking lot for the park was full, lots of ticketed cars in the gravel area, paramedics, fire department hard at work for something that happened, plenty of dogs (50+) and plenty of pee-mail for Sadie to read.

The park is set up nicely. Shade ramadas at one end with grills and a kids park area. There are three fenced dog areas--about 4 acres of park. One section has the lake that Sadie laid in. There is a ramp that many dogs were running on and launching into the water to catch balls. Another section had some agilty contraptions for the dogs to climb, jump through, walk over or around as the case may be with my dog. There are a few people benches and the trees are still very small. The park appears to be well lit and is open from 6am to 10pm.

I am curious about all the uncleaned up dog stuff and wonder how that gets handled.

We loved the place and will go back soon. She's one tired pup today! Very Happy
ChefTIO

PostPosted: 10/8/2007, 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Did it seem full with that many dogs? Also was there not enough parking for everyone and that was why all the cars were getting tickets?
Just curious.... Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: