ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Arnold
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
ck1

PostPosted: 10/7/2003, 8:43 pm    Post subject: Arnold Reply to topic Reply with quote

Would you have voted for Arnold if you lived in California?

A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice...I'm just curious as to how others feel.

My vote:

hell "no"

"The Journey is the Destination"
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 10/7/2003, 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Arnold Reply to topic Reply with quote

ck1 wrote:
A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice...

My vote:

hell "no"

So much for "simple" - why don't you tell us how you really feel?

I don't think there is a candidate I would enthusiastically vote for in the race right now. But then, I haven't been following this very closely - more of a curiosity side-show worthy of P.T. Barnum.

Personally - I don't know what any of them stand for. I gather that I could find plenty on what they think of the other candidates, and through that a little of what they supposedly stand against - but I didn't really see any firm talk on what the various candidates were FOR.

So - my vote: tell me what the candidates stand FOR - and I'll let you know who I'd vote for.

(a quick knee-jerk opinion however says that it appears that almost anything would be better than Davis, and having Arnold would certainly be entertaining for a few years (or at least 6 months - that is the minimum amount of time that can transpire between recall elections) - not to mention that having someone who is out of the political loop that got Cali into so much trouble to begin with is also appealing - so I would probably vote Yes for Arnie)

There - that's almost as simple as "hell - no" - if you just wanted a yes or no, the poll function would probably have done better.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln

PostPosted: 10/7/2003, 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Arnold Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daddee wrote:
So - my vote: tell me what the candidates stand FOR - and I'll let you know who I'd vote for.

There's only one thing the candidates should stand for..."the people"! That hasn't been the case and the country has suffered because of that fact!

As Arnold just said..."for the people to win, politics as usual has to lose"! No truer statement has been spoken in a very long time! Politics in this country has become a money sucking big business. Until the people of America reclaim the country, the future will be bleak.

I'll let you guess my vote. Wink
tempe8

PostPosted: 10/7/2003, 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My vote:

Hell "Yes"
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 10/8/2003, 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 10/8/2003, 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Can't blame Calif. much, we voted to pay for a new Cardinals stadium.
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 10/8/2003, 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes
CatValet
Got Gear?

PostPosted: 10/8/2003, 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, or I'd loose my Tech Support Rolling Eyes

Alan Keyes wrote a very good column on World Net Daily critical of Arnold, and I'd gladly vote for Keyes for President. The alternative of Bustamonte- a California Governor who supports "Reconquista" was, however, too terrifying of an alternative to consider. I'm sure there was a lot of the "lesser evil" logic at work.

-R
Daryl

PostPosted: 10/8/2003, 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, but only because he's the least dangerous. Either way, I have to take my hat off to anyone that wants that job.

Did you know California's deficit is larger then all the other states combined!

PostPosted: 10/8/2003, 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daryl wrote:
Yes, but only because he's the least dangerous. Either way, I have to take my hat off to anyone that wants that job.

That's exactly how I feel. I'm thankful I don't have to live there! I would agree that he's the least dangerous, there really weren't any quality candidates.

"The Journey is the Destination"
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 10/8/2003, 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes I would have voted for him because he has alot riding on this--related to a Kennedy, his reputation, celebrity status, etc. I give him credit for wanting to step up to the challenge and I feel he can't do any worse then the others.

My 2 cents worth with change back. Wasn't worth much was it!! haha

Sherileeaz Cool
dennisbench

PostPosted: 10/8/2003, 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes.

BTW Randy, I voted for Keyes in the PA primary in 2000, so I'm with you there.
"In the first place you can't see anything from a car; you've got to get out of the goddamned contraption and walk, better yet crawl, on hands and knees...When traces of blood begin to mark your trail you'll see something, maybe."
-Ed Abbey
Daryl

PostPosted: 10/8/2003, 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

WOW! Colin agrees with me on a political issue, the Terminator is an elected offical, Roy got attacked by his tiger, bear activist mauled by bear, the World Serise may be the Cubs and Red Sox!!! Heck must have froze over!
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 10/8/2003, 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

World Serise may be the Cubs and Red Sox!!!

If that happens then look for snow in downtown Yuma (otherwise known as H*LL).

As much as I hate to say it - I think we'll see a Marlins vs. yankees series.

I HATE the yankees.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 10/8/2003, 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey Daddee, think positive, well think out of the box, or whatever but come on Cubbies all the way!!!!

Sherileeaz Cool (moved from Chicago area, maybe that's what it took? haha)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: