ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Actual Trail info.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
k9hiker

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 11:45 pm    Post subject: Actual Trail info. Reply to topic Reply with quote

I was new to the HikeAZ site. I was only on for a couple of months before it went bye bye, but one of the things I really enjoyed about it was the excellent trail info. Directions, distances, water availability etc... Are there plans to add a section for stuff like that to this site? Or is it already here and I just haven't found it yet?

Thanks
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, there are plans for that here. We're only a week old as of tonight, so we have plenty to do yet. The HAZ site went down without warning and a lot of people were affected by that. We felt it was important to get the discussion board up first.
Canyon Dweller

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

We felt it was important to get the discussion board up first

Good tact, I really missed the disscusion board. I will be looking foward to other features in the future Mr. Green

"Meaningless! Meaningless," says the teacher, "Utterly Meaningless, Everything is meaningless."-Ecclesiastes 1:2
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

K9... if you need any info on any trail, just ask me. PM me and ask me whatever you need to know about whatever trail you have in mind. I have lots of trail info, just not on the computer yet. But what I do have is helpful.

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
k9hiker

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 11:23 pm    Post subject: Actual trail info. Reply to topic Reply with quote

That's great news Mike. I'm so thankful you guys started this site. I think it has tons of potential and I'm looking forward to watching it grow.
And thanks jmzblond. I will definitely take you up on that offer if I need some info. That's so awsome you have all that data. I though it was maybe lost forever.
phrankster

PostPosted: 1/12/2003, 6:24 pm    Post subject: Trail info Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am not at all familiar with the Lost Dutchman Park area, does anyone have any decent trail maps of some of the trails there? Like the flatiron (I've heard alot about) or know where I can get any? I generally hike the South Mt area but I would like to see some different rocks and cactus for a change.
Any help or direction would be appreciated.
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 1/12/2003, 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

phrankster... Siphon Draw is off the Lost Dutchman T/H off Hwy 88. The first mile or so of the trail is fairly easy up a gentle meadow slope. After that when the trail turns to the left, thats when the fun begins. There is a slick rock section that you must make you're way to the top of. Stay to the right. When you get to the top of this section, there will be a canyon area in front of you. STAY TO THE RIGHT making your way up the vertical canyon towards your destination... the Flatiron. It is mostly bouldering from here, and sections where you must pull yourself up... especially towards the top there is a 10 foot vertical section. But it isnt as bad as it sounds. When you do finally get to the top, there is a trail to your right that heads around to the tip of Flatiron. Your return trip is retracing your steps!! Just be careful on your way down. It can be tricky in places. Just take your time. You are looking at a total distance of 4.8 miles. Sorry... I dont have any maps. Have fun.

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
phrankster

PostPosted: 1/12/2003, 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

jmzblond.. Thanks I'll try and rustle up a friend to go with me and give it a try Monday or Tuesday. I did mange to find this map of the park, so I'll take this along too., along with a printout of your directions.
http://www.pr.state.az.us/Images/parkmaps/dutchmantrails.pdf
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 1/12/2003, 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

great map, lots of info... thanks for the link.

azhiker96

PostPosted: 1/18/2003, 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

phrankster, my favorite map for the Superstitions is Beartooth's Guide to the Superstition Wilderness. It has most of the trails marked on it and it's tough so you can take it, even get it wet without ending up with soggy map oatmeal. It also has elevations on some of the more popular routes. You can get it at World of Maps.
k9hiker

PostPosted: 1/18/2003, 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I agree. Those Beartooth maps are great. I wish they made more. The company does have a webpage where you can order a personalized map. They will print it on the same high quality paper and mail it to you. I will try to find the url.
desertgirl

PostPosted: 1/19/2003, 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Glald you have this site up. If you all need trail info that I had posted _ I can repost it once you have the trails area up.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 7/22/2004, 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What?

I want to shine!
SUN_HIKER

PostPosted: 7/22/2004, 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
What?

Diane, I think we are 1 1/2 years too late Crazy (look at the date of posting)

GB
without your permission.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-
JW
I'll make rain with my spaceman powers!

PostPosted: 7/22/2004, 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SUN_HIKER wrote:
Quote:
What?

Diane, I think we are 1 1/2 years too late :crazyeyes: (look at the date of posting)

GB
Classic!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: