ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
MSM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Health, Training, First Aid Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
strawlady

PostPosted: 5/12/2007, 8:44 am    Post subject: MSM Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey, Hooli, Miracle Medicine Man,
I took your advice and tried MSM for my aching knees and it made the aches and pains go away. Thanks for the tip. I'll post this for any other hikers who are sprouting gray hair and aching joints. I tried the Glucosamine-chondroitin thing and that helped, but this MSM stuff really did the trick for healing a slightly injured knee and also for an osteo-arthritic hip. Its worth a try.
evenstar

PostPosted: 5/12/2007, 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Glad it worked!
I started taking MSM about three years ago. Used to wake in the middle of the night with knees aching; also hated driving the Jeep Wrangler any distance 'cause it didn't have cruise control; after a length of time having to keep my right foot on the gas peddle the right knee would hurt like hell. Within two weeks of starting MSM I noticed I was having no knee pain at all. Convincer was driving the Wrangler to the Haunted Canyon TH; I was really dreading that drive, but was amazed that I was getting no pain from right knee at all. I now have no knee pain of any kind and do three sets of twenty deep knee bends every other day holding 40 pound barbell, something I couldn't even think of doing before MSM. Stuff's available at Costco, WallyWorld and just about any drug store.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 1/26/2008, 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok Ok I will go buy some today!

Thanks!

Very Happy
misha

PostPosted: 1/26/2008, 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Azbackpacker, let the rest of us know if ti works for you. Maybe _I_ need to change from the glucosamine/chondroiten only supplement that I am taking now!
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 1/26/2008, 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Will do. I didn't actually buy it today--am waiting for payday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Health, Training, First Aid All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: