ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
How did you find us?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 1/25/2008, 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hikngrl mentioned azwilderness.com. I used to log on there once in awhile, but now all I get is a white screen with the word "Forbidden" on it! Sort of makes me feel bad! Anyone know the story on this?

I noticed recently that I was in the top 10 posters on HAZ, and I don't even post there that much compared to here! Rolling Eyes In fact I rarely post there at all any more. If there isn't much back and forth conversation it isn't much fun.

I have to thank my dad, a lawyer, for always telling me that the most useful class he took in high school was typing. I took it in community college right out of high school. It is hard to explain to people who can't type very well what it's like to have your thoughts come out on the page almost as fast as you are thinking them.

This site really is a pleasant pastime for me. I enjoy everyone very much! The information available is also great, of course, but the people are the best!
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 1/25/2008, 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

azbackpackr wrote:
Hikngrl mentioned azwilderness.com. I used to log on there once in awhile, but now all I get is a white screen with the word "Forbidden" on it! Sort of makes me feel bad! Anyone know the story on this?

I noticed recently that I was in the top 10 posters on HAZ, and I don't even post there that much compared to here! Rolling Eyes In fact I rarely post there at all any more. If there isn't much back and forth conversation it isn't much fun.

No idea about AZW. Last I heard the owners had moved out of state a few years ago, to Illinois or Indiana I think. Not sure if they ever moved back. They probably just decided to let their site die or something.

You're in the top 10 posters on HAZ for the past year. All time, you're #15. Amazingly, in spite of not having posted there in almost 6 years, I'm #11 all time!

Oh, and to answer the question... I never actually found AZH. Silly
Suz

PostPosted: 1/25/2008, 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

lzyboy wrote:
Shawn wrote:
Did you learn "Oh my heck?" and "Porridge" here?
Oh my heck! How did you know???

OH MY HECK---my heck! I SOOOOO resemble that remark! Wink

I got snagged off HAZ and I'm thankful....did my first group hike with Tom and Trish.....it has been life changing. They taught me about "off trail adventues" and when to carry a dog.

This thread sort of has me wondering who could get the "Sunday School" award for recruiting the most new members to the site.
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 1/25/2008, 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I found this site from that other site that abruptly went offline. By then I had met TomTreks (AKA HIG) and SherileeAZ who introduced me to this site. We did a Horton Creek hike which if I remember Hkngrl was on..........That was in 2003 or 2004??? OH MY HECK!! Has it been 5 years already? Then I slowly met the other members of this group.

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
IGO

PostPosted: 1/25/2008, 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Somehow I think poopie is my favorite word.....somehow....
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
fairweather8588

PostPosted: 1/25/2008, 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

mike wrote:
azbackpackr wrote:

No idea about AZW. Last I heard the owners had moved out of state a few years ago, to Illinois or Indiana I think. Not sure if they ever moved back. They probably just decided to let their site die or something.

Yeah that's what happened. There was only 4 of us or so that would use it anymore, and being so far away Rodney let it go awhile back

Kerouac
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 1/26/2008, 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Indiana? Blech!
AFScout80

PostPosted: 1/26/2008, 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I ate the seeds of Sacred Datura---shortly thereafter, I saw a funny looking goat and some sort of Hooligan. They demanded I go to this site or they would turn my skin purple for all eternity.
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/26/2008, 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

AFScout80 wrote:
I ate the seeds of Sacred Datura---shortly thereafter, I saw a funny looking goat and some sort of Hooligan. They demanded I go to this site or they would turn my skin purple for all eternity.

Aren't ya happy ya listened to us.....you look much better in pink than purple!
Agree
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 1/26/2008, 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hooli, go back to bed! You are up awfully early for a Saturday!

BTW I knew some kids who ate datura at the Grand Canyon. Luckily the one who hallucinated the most got sort of lost wandering around in the woods, but didn't try to fly off the rim or anything. Luckily they all came out of that one ok.
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/26/2008, 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

azbackpackr wrote:
Hooli, go back to bed!

Ok
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 1/26/2008, 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That's right!

BTW guys it's funny how conversations will start on a thread and REALLY get off-topic! Go check out the Ladies' Mountaineering boots thread if you don't believe me. Of course, it's largely my own fault. But Hooli helped. Wink
fairweather8588

PostPosted: 1/26/2008, 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

azbackpackr wrote:
Indiana? Blech!

They had to go back to take care of one of their mothers, Arizona was too far away. I know they'd really love to come back but im not sure if they ever would be able to

Kerouac
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 1/26/2008, 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Lucky for us, after we moved to AZ our folks moved here to retire. So when they got too frail to care for themselves they were right here.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 1/26/2008, 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Trishness wrote:
I found this site from that other site that abruptly went offline. By then I had met TomTreks (AKA HIG) and SherileeAZ who introduced me to this site. We did a Horton Creek hike which if I remember Hkngrl was on..........That was in 2003 or 2004??? OH MY HECK!! Has it been 5 years already? Then I slowly met the other members of this group.

Mr. Green

Indeed I was there! It was fun! I love that hike! It is beautiful! That was a fun hike! Sheri tried beef jerky for the first time and thought she was gonna die! it was hilarious!

I want to shine!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: