ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
How did you find us?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 8:16 pm    Post subject: How did you find us? Reply to topic Reply with quote

We are curious as to how you found us here. If you're willing, let us know what brought you here.

Thanks,
GTG
desert dweller

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I first learned of HAZ's demise from being a second receipient of an email from AzHiker (Stephen) and Nealz.

Then someone posted on the backpacker.com's Southwest Forum page about a new site, Arizonahiker.com.

So I saw that it was most of the same folks from HAZ and reregistered.
tracker

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

From about the 30th of Dec or so I saw this blurb on Haz saying "see ya, wouldnt want to be ya!" or something like that. I kept searching and someone at the Friends Hiking (http://www.friendshiking.com) said something about a yahoo group called azhikers. From there I found the HAZ yahoo group and from there I went to backpacker.com (trail talk) and from there I went to azwilderness.com and from there I found you guys again Crazy whoa! I'm out of breath. Laughing
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Let's see... the last time I talked with you, GTG, you mentioned something about Sig 229 .40 caliber and then said, "See ya at the site!" I got the message!
No, in all seriousness, when I found out you and Mike were gonna put together a new site and kurthzone was gonna do some neat graphics for it, ( and man, do I, of all people, know what kurthzone can do with graphics Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation )
I was jumping for joy. Had really thought I was going to lose a lot of friends and a lot of potential friends from HAZ. Got 'em back now!
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have a million monkeys in this room see, and they all are banging away on keyboards, then I hooked them up to the internet one day and PRESTO! The rest is history.

I'm with Hooli on this one. Basically the same story - knowing Mike and GTG, I knew this would be a site to get excited about.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
ck1

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daddee wrote:
I have a million monkeys in this room see, and they all are banging away on keyboards, then I hooked them up to the internet one day and PRESTO! The rest is history..

That was good. I liked that one. Your sarcasim sounds like me in the classroom.

I was going to say something witty and funny, but, it would pale in comparison. You told me about the site GTG.

"The Journey is the Destination"
phrankster

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

After 2 days of trying to figure out what happened to the HAZ site Crazy I wrote to a certain cantankarous gentleman who informed me that some folks were working to putting another site together and forwarded my email address to GTG.
Who also kept me informed, unfortunately due to work I was unable to make it to the initial meeting but was able to register on this site soon there after. So here I be. now someday I might actually get to meet some of these folks here who all seem to know each other.
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

might actually get to meet some of these folks here who all seem to know each other.

Fortuitous happenstance and persistence pays off - just pay attention to the announced trips, and sooner or later one will fit the bill. We'll be happy to have you along.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
srlatty

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

When HAZ went down, I kept trying to get back in for a couple of days.
I finally searched for "Evenstar" on Yahoo and found Hooli's web page and email address. I sent him an email, which he forwarded to GTG. Then you sent out the email about the meeting and the rest is history!
phrankster

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

Fortuitous happenstance and persistence pays off - just pay attention to the announced trips, and sooner or later one will fit the bill. We'll be happy to have you along

Thanks Daddee, I'll keep that in mind, won't be easy though, my weekends are Sunday through Tuesday and ever other Wednesday, so "my" weekends don't quite match up to everyone elses, hence I tend to hike alone most of the time. I'll just have to take a saturday off now and then to try joining in on some hikes.
chihiggs

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

jmzblond sent me here.

Who could say "No"?!? Rolling Eyes
AZW1

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike emailed me the "second" haz went down...but, then never mentioned the meeting or this site? Wiz came over to AZW and said there was a new site...and here I am. Still haven't heard back from mike...guess I should take a hint...huh! Very Happy
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry, R. been pretty busy of late. Crazy You're just as welcome here as anyone else!
AZW1

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
Sorry, R. been pretty busy of late. Crazy You're just as welcome here as anyone else!

Very Happy
paintninaz

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I was "lucky" Confused enough to have Hooli's email address when the HAZ site went belly up and asked him to forward my email to GTG who he said was brainstorming an idea for a new website. I was out of town for the site meeting, so I missed it, but I signed on first thing Monday morning!

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: