ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
How did you find us?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
maryphyl
Grand Canyon Enchantress

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You sent me an e-mail. I posted in two places on backpacker.com and on OAN about this place. MP
Canyon Dweller

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

When I found out that HAZ went under i kinda went into a slight depression. I thot I would never go on a hike with you guys again. Since I really dont have any hiking buddies, I needed you guys to go on hikes with. I was pretty exited when GTG e-mailed me.
I will have to try to get a saturday off to go on a group hike, lately I have been having tuesdays off. I also alwayes have sundays off.

"Meaningless! Meaningless," says the teacher, "Utterly Meaningless, Everything is meaningless."-Ecclesiastes 1:2
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Went to HAZ one morning and got the infamous site_closed_thank_you_Arizona_and_goodbye message! I couldn't believe it was true so I typed in the address instead of using my quick link and got the same results. I tried this about fifty times; thinking this had to be a joke and that a JUST KIDDING banner would flash accross the screen at any moment and at the same time sensing in the back of my mind that the goodbye was probably true. And alas, it was true. I paled a little at first and then began to sweat; looked in the cabinet for my anxiety meds, but nowhere to be found because I had tossed them when I registered with HAZ. Then I started to twitch. Not too much at first, but gradually working into a rhythm that bordered on convulsions. I was a wretch. I PANICKED !!!, kind of like Bill Paxton in Aliens when the shuttle came apart before his eyes and all hope of escape from the alien ridden planet vanished and he said, "OH ISN'T THIS JUST GREAT!, WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO NOW??? GAME OVER MAN!!! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO NOW??? ............................

Then I got mail.

It came from GTG, and he had some e-mail addresses and ideas and others had some too. Correspondence was happening and the lists were growing and coming together and it was good to see the coming together of those who had been abandoned and left in the wasteland of forum deprivation. Then out of the ashes of displaced unity the capable duo of GTG and Mike arose like that ancient bird of old. They comforted the wailing masses and offered up a solution in order that the brotherhood might live on. There was a calling to meet at GTG's place and rejoicing abounded and all was good. A new community is born where once again the forum is echoing with laughter and Hooli bashing; a place where ARIZONA HIKERS can come together and share the experience of the trail.

I once was lost, but now I'm found. (had to get that in)
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

rofl
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I had some email addresses from meeting people off the old site. When it went down, I set up a little "in-between" group at Yahoo. From there, GTG emailed me, I went to the meeting... and here I am!!

Quote:

jmzblond sent me here.

Then I started spreading the word... Very Happy

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
ck1

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

kurthzone wrote:
Went to HAZ one morning and got the infamous site_closed_thank_you_Arizona_and_goodbye message! I couldn't believe it was true so I typed in the address instead of using my quick link and got the same results. I tried this about fifty times; thinking this had to be a joke and that a JUST KIDDING banner would flash accross the screen at any moment and at the same time sensing in the back of my mind that the goodbye was probably true. And alas, it was true. I paled a little at first and then began to sweat; looked in the cabinet for my anxiety meds, but nowhere to be found because I had tossed them when I registered with HAZ. Then I started to twitch. Not too much at first, but gradually working into a rhythm that bordered on convulsions. I was a wretch. I PANICKED !!!, kind of like Bill Paxton in Aliens when the shuttle came apart before his eyes and all hope of escape from the alien ridden planet vanished and he said, "OH ISN'T THIS JUST GREAT!, WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO NOW??? GAME OVER MAN!!! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO NOW??? ............................

Then I got mail.

It came from GTG, and he had some e-mail addresses and ideas and others had some too. Correspondence was happening and the lists were growing and coming together and it was good to see the coming together of those who had been abandoned and left in the wasteland of forum deprivation. Then out of the ashes of displaced unity the capable duo of GTG and Mike arose like that ancient bird of old. They comforted the wailing masses and offered up a solution in order that the brotherhood might live on. There was a calling to meet at GTG's place and rejoicing abounded and all was good. A new community is born where once again the forum is echoing with laughter and Hooli bashing; a place where ARIZONA HIKERS can come together and share the experience of the trail.

I once was lost, but now I'm found. (had to get that in)

This should be the opening page of the web site!

"The Journey is the Destination"
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 1/12/2003, 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I found out about it from a Yahoo group. Was that yours 007? I caught a blurb about former members starting a page. I was pretty down about that site closing. I got most of my ideas/info from you people.

I did notice that others were using Joe's site for commercial purposes. Sending out ads and crap like that. I could see how it may have been getting a little out of hand.

Hope you don't mind me tagging along. Confused
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 1/12/2003, 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

Hope you don't mind me tagging along.

We don't mind at all, we're glad you found us, Tom!
Canyon Dweller

PostPosted: 1/13/2003, 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have to say that kurthzone summed it up pretty good, i think we all can relate with that.

"Meaningless! Meaningless," says the teacher, "Utterly Meaningless, Everything is meaningless."-Ecclesiastes 1:2
Pixelfrog

PostPosted: 1/29/2003, 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ahhhh, it's good to be back and see so many familiar names again. Very Happy Thanks GTG, I'll see you all online!

Pixelfrog
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/29/2003, 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey! Another lost soul is found Very Happy Crazy Welcome Pixelfrog Exclamation I'd say something like, "Plunk you magic twanger Froggy" but it'd give away my age. Rolling Eyes
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 1/29/2003, 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Great to see you, Pixelfrog!
overrocked

PostPosted: 1/30/2003, 11:34 am    Post subject: Found! Reply to topic Reply with quote

I was cruising backpacker.com in the Southwest section.......
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 1/30/2003, 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Pixelfrog wrote:
Ahhhh, it's good to be back and see so many familiar names again. Very Happy Thanks GTG, I'll see you all online!

Pixelfrog

Good to have you back. Looks like you removed the hat and sunglasses.
gengonushi

PostPosted: 2/25/2003, 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Things were floating around on the HAZ list serve and I happened to read the right message. Thanks guys for keeping the flame alive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: