ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Articles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 8/24/2003, 9:50 pm    Post subject: Articles Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tonight I flipped the switch on the new Articles section. You'll notice a link has been added at the top (middle row, first one on the left). I added a few categories, based on the suggestions submitted in a previous topic. Thanks to all who offered suggestions. I felt that a lot were actually individual article topics, and not general categories, so, if your suggestion wasn't included, that's likely why. (And, that also means, you need to write an article on the topic you suggest! Wink )

Here's how it works... Click on "Articles" at the top, then select the category that best fits your subject from the list on the left. When the page changes, click on "Submit Article", and from there it's basically the same as posting to the board. I would strongly suggest you write your article ahead of time and paste the contents into the form. You can also edit your own articles at any time. When first submitted, articles are pending, and only viewable by the author, admins, and moderators, until they've been approved by an admin or moderator. If you edit an article, it will also go into a pending state until the changes are approved. (Keep in mind that we're not playing editor, we're simply trying to assure that some unknown spammer doesn't join the board and submit an article that would embarass us all, or blow out another of Hooli's pacemaker batteries!!)

If you have an article idea for which there is no appropriate category, please send me a pm and I'll be happy to add the category. Categories can also have sub-categories, so if you feel one is appropriate, tell me. And please also feel free to pm me with any questions.

One of our artistic types is working on some more appropriate icons for the articles, so expect those to change soon.

Now, get busy and start writing!!
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 8/25/2003, 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Fabulous!
I read the article on hike etiquette by CK1.
Look forward to reading all the other articles.

Thanks!!!! A super job! I'll have no excuse now for blonde moments Wink , I'll know better! haha!

Sherileeaz Cool
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 11/12/2004, 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

How long is reasonable for an article be be accepted? Just wondering, not trying to pressure anyone.

thanks
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 11/12/2004, 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Depends on when Todd or I have a chance to check for new articles. Embarassed I've been really busy this week and haven't checked since the weekend. I just approved yours.
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 11/12/2004, 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch. I really appreciate this site. It's workaholic faux social outlet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: