ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Hooli does NOT have Type II Diabetes.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Health, Training, First Aid Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 2/14/2007, 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Hooli does NOT have Type II Diabetes. Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
Had it done Monday and got results today.......Totally Normal!

Crap, Hooli. No serious ailments? What are you going to talk about at the pinochle table with the other SCW denizens when they bring it up?

Shades
evenstar

PostPosted: 2/14/2007, 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Get ready....here's where they put that 12' foot long TV Camera... Moon
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
paintninaz

PostPosted: 2/14/2007, 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Great news Hooli!! Cheers! Ok

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 2/14/2007, 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

good news Hooli, glad it was only your finger you had to stick...

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
evenstar

PostPosted: 2/14/2007, 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Hooli does NOT have Type II Diabetes. Reply to topic Reply with quote

HIG wrote:
evenstar wrote:
Had it done Monday and got results today.......Totally Normal!

Crap, Hooli. No serious ailments? What are you going to talk about at the pinochle table with the other SCW denizens when they bring it up?

Shades

Well, I'm euphoric and pissed at the same time; Very happy to learn that I'm not diabetic; but really pissed that some idiot lab tech that apparently didn't know her ass from her needle had me sticking my finger every morning for well over a month (After I showed my Dr. the first month's results he said three or four times a week would do! WooHoo!) imagine how you'd feel if you spent six months thinking you had a serious disease and discovered the diagnosis was due to faulty lab results due to crappy lab techs turned loose unprepared and not properly trained!
Mad My family was concerned as were my AZH friends, even friend HIG, #678. I have Dr's appt. next Tuesday to discuss the results and the lab's screwup. Gonna be an interesting discussion. Also gonna get Rx for blue pill and then go hunting for volunteer(s) to see if it works! My future incarnation as a Chippendale Dancer may depend on the results! Very Happy
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 2/14/2007, 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Hooli does NOT have Type II Diabetes. Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:

Well, I'm euphoric and pissed at the same time; Very happy to learn that I'm not diabetic; but really pissed that some idiot lab tech that apparently didn't know her ass from her needle had me sticking my finger every morning for well over a month (After I showed my Dr. the first month's results he said three or four times a week would do! WooHoo!) imagine how you'd feel if you spent six months thinking you had a serious disease and discovered the diagnosis was due to faulty lab results due to crappy lab techs turned loose unprepared and not properly trained!
Mad My family was concerned as were my AZH friends, even friend HIG, #678. I have Dr's appt. next Tuesday to discuss the results and the lab's screwup. Gonna be an interesting discussion. Also gonna get Rx for blue pill and then go hunting for volunteer(s) to see if it works! My future incarnation as a Chippendale Dancer may depend on the results! Very Happy

Well look at it this way Hooli:
If you have to take the blood tests again everyday and you get that blue pill prescription then you won't have to stick your finger anymore.

GTG
evenstar

PostPosted: 2/14/2007, 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Hooli does NOT have Type II Diabetes. Reply to topic Reply with quote

GTG wrote:
evenstar wrote:

. Also gonna get Rx for blue pill and then go hunting for volunteer(s) to see if it works! My future incarnation as a Chippendale Dancer may depend on the results! Very Happy

Well look at it this way Hooli:
If you have to take the blood tests again everyday and you get that blue pill prescription then you won't have to stick your finger anymore.

GTG

Well, I'm tempted to post a topic in "Events" looking for volunteers to register to help me test the efficaciousness of the blue pill. Figure the options I could put up are: "I'm up for it if Hooli is" "Hooli's got Big Agnes to keep him up" and, finally...... ROFLMAO
evenstar

PostPosted: 2/14/2007, 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well it's past my bedtime folks......we only party past midnight here in Sin City West on Saturday nights, then some of us (not me) go to church Sunday to repent. I go have caffeine and cholesterol instead. Multi
evenstar

PostPosted: 2/14/2007, 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Say, "Goodnight, Hooli"

OK, good night! Sleeping
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 2/15/2007, 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So what exactly IS wrong with you? Rolling Eyes

By the way, it wouldn't be a proper post if I didn't contradict YOUR friend #678, HIG--CRS stands for Can't Remember Sh*t. Mr. Green
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 2/15/2007, 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

azbackpackr wrote:
So what exactly IS wrong with you?

On the other hand, forget I asked! I don't want to know! nutz
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 2/15/2007, 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Hooli does NOT have Type II Diabetes. Reply to topic Reply with quote

HIG wrote:
evenstar wrote:
OOK, I'll almost certainly be sorry for asking, but what are FOS & CRS?

Full of "Sheet" Syndrome, and Curmudgeon Regurgitation Syndrome when you open your mouth.

evenstar wrote:
Also gonna get Rx for blue pill and then go hunting for volunteer(s) to see if it works! My future incarnation as a Chippendale Dancer may depend on the results! Very Happy

Please, Hooli, please have them prescribe something for the CRS. It's becoming a very messy version of Tourette's.

Shades
Suz

PostPosted: 2/15/2007, 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Hooli does NOT have Type II Diabetes. Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:

imagine how you'd feel if you spent six months thinking you had a serious disease and discovered the diagnosis was due to faulty lab results due to crappy lab techs turned loose unprepared and not properly trained!

I have Dr's appt. next Tuesday to discuss the results and the lab's screwup. Gonna be an interesting discussion.

I certainly agree with your concern about how this happened. I have a couple of questions.

1. What is the likelihood that you were "in a bad" way ---producing the test results that that weren't wrong. Is it possible that with some serious focus on health, drinking and eating habits you made this change happen? Could that be?

2. It should have been a doctor making the diagnosis not a lab tech, right? I know with my mother they have been telling her for years that she is at risk, on the edge of this diagnosis. I can't imagine that you would go from being completely "normal" to having whacked out blood results, did you?

Whatever the case............you seem better to me than you were six months ago. If you have made changes in your exercise, eating and drinking habits, I'm sure they have helped you......so remember that, too!
evenstar

PostPosted: 2/15/2007, 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Hooli does NOT have Type II Diabetes. Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz wrote:
evenstar wrote:

imagine how you'd feel if you spent six months thinking you had a serious disease and discovered the diagnosis was due to faulty lab results due to crappy lab techs turned loose unprepared and not properly trained!

I have Dr's appt. next Tuesday to discuss the results and the lab's screwup. Gonna be an interesting discussion.

I certainly agree with your concern about how this happened. I have a couple of questions.

1. What is the likelihood that you were "in a bad" way ---producing the test results that that weren't wrong. Is it possible that with some serious focus on health, drinking and eating habits you made this change happen? Could that be?
2. It should have been a doctor making the diagnosis not a lab tech, right? I know with my mother they have been telling her for years that she is at risk, on the edge of this diagnosis. I can't imagine that you would go from being completely "normal" to having whacked out blood results, did you?
Whatever the case............you seem better to me than you were six months ago. If you have made changes in your exercise, eating and drinking habits, I'm sure they have helped you......so remember that, too!

Well, Dr. can only make diagnosis based on lab results. Lab simply sent the results to my Dr. and I saw those results; based on them I was Type II Diabetic. But lab tech was new and admitted being nervous. I have to figure somehow she screwed up the test.
I am getting more exercise now, mainly because of cooler weather I can take Rich for long morning walks. But during summer when I have to give up the walks, I go to the gym and, probably, get a better workout than I do walking Rich, and my diet hasn't changed one iota; I still have bacon, eggs, hash browns, toast with butter and jam plus coffee for breakfast most Sunday mornings. My breakfast here at home this a.m. is gonna be pan cakes, with butter and syrup plus a couple of sausage patties. Red meat is, in my diet, a staple!

At the time of the first test I was recovering from the pneumonia I came back from Puerto Penasco with and the back problems that followed that; but, according to the Dr. and everything else I read, and I read a lot, that should have had no effect on the test. It was a 12 hour fasting test just as was Monday's test. Can't see anyway it could be anything other than a complete foulup by the lab tech. I started taking glucose strip tests every morning immediately after that first test and they were all well within normal range. So was the A1C test....in fact it was in the excellent range. Gonna be interesting discussion with Dr. Tuesday.

Simply put, EVERY TEST from day one after the first Glucose Tolerance test has contradicted that test.

BTW, I've cut back on the martinis.....I now drink Bloody Marys or Bloody Marias instead....plus the wine with dinner most every night. Beer
GeorgAz

PostPosted: 2/15/2007, 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Keep us posted on the blue pill episode. We can post the event and maybe sell tickets?? Rolling Eyes Crazy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Health, Training, First Aid All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: