ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Boston!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 8/8/2003, 8:38 am    Post subject: Boston!!!! Reply to topic Reply with quote

Gotta share this with ya'll ! Now, it is gonna date me but I don't care! Wednesday night my honey and I went to the Boston concert out at Cricket Pavillion! It was great!!!!! We had fifth row seats and "we had a really good time"! We then got to go to the after show deal and meet part of the Band. Tom Schults was not there but we did meet Kim, Gary, and My favorite band member Brad Delp! We got them to sign our tickets but the staff would't let us take pictures Sad .

Almost 6 years ago my honey took me to a Boston concert to ask me to marry him and we used "Livin for You" as our first dance song at our reception. In June was our 5th wedding anniversay and he surprised me with fifth row seat to this weeks concert. I then turned around and surprised him with after show passes! Way cool huh!?

Any one out there think thats as cool as I do or are you all way to young to appreciate the coolness of all that?

I want to shine!
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 8/8/2003, 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Very Cool!! I saw tthem in college, right after "Don't Look Back" was released. It was one of the most amazing concerts I've ever been to.
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 8/8/2003, 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Boston just isn't the same witout Brad Delp on vocals.

I went to their concert after they released their 4th album (the sucky one with the new guy on vocals) - they played something like 4 songs from previous albums then spent the rest of the time on the songs from the 4th album.

It kind of bit. It was a big disappointment because I really love Boston.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 8/8/2003, 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Brad Delp IS on vocals again! Has been for a while now. Fran Cosmo is good to but Brad Delp is, as he was introduced the other night "the voice of Boston". There were several times during the show when they were singing together and they both hit, and held, some incredibly high notes. Your spirit just flew higher and higher with the notes they were singing! It was unbeleiveable.

Fran Cosmos son is with the band now and writes some of their songs. I gotta say I am a long time Boston fan and one of those peole who doesn't do change well when it comes to a Boston song but he does a pretty good job. The part that was hardest for me to accept was Kim. A female basist and singer in Boston! But she did a great job.... My favorite song off the new album is "We Had a Really Good Time" it is very typical Boston and lots of fun.

I try to stay in the now in life but I will always love Boston.

I want to shine!
CatValet
Got Gear?

PostPosted: 8/8/2003, 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Shucks, you ain't old, Hoolie and I remember when Boston was a British Colony...

For the real old geezer crowd, Valet2 and I went to see an old 60's/70s band last Sunday....Procul Harum! (Whiter Shade of Pale)

We sat in the third row, Scottsdale Center for the Arts. They played two one hour sets plus three returns. Gary Brooker on vocals and piano and Matthew Fisher on Hammond Organ are both originals and did very well for old guys. New Guitar player was real flash, and for you Axe fiends, did great work on a hot PRS Santana model. I think I want one.....
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 8/8/2003, 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I must have been living "under a rock" because I've never been to a rock concert. Never too late tho ey? My husband went way back when to Black Sabbath, a guy thing at the time. Now talk about the "way back machine, peabody!" lol

Diane, I think it's very romantic how you spent your 5th anniversary and I don't think it has anything to do with age! There are bands that will always be "in", Boston is one of them.

We'll be celebrating our 30th next June, hmmm I think you gave me a good idea on celebrating it.

Happy 5th Anniversary Diane and her honey!!!

Sherileeaz Cool
BoyNhisDog
The dangerous place where the winds meet

PostPosted: 8/8/2003, 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sounds like a good time Diane.

The last concert I went to was The Stones, Memphis, July the 4th, 1975. That was a good one. They are still out there rocking as well. Well, sort of Mr. Green
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 8/9/2003, 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think we Boston first came out, I bought an 8-track tape.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: