ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Guilty or Innocent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you believe that Kobe is Guilty or Innocent
Guilty
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Innocent
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
He didn't rape her, but he's a dumbass for having sex with her
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
OJ did it
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

ck1

PostPosted: 8/7/2003, 11:55 pm    Post subject: Guilty or Innocent Reply to topic Reply with quote

Time to sound off...

"The Journey is the Destination"
Daryl

PostPosted: 8/8/2003, 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Must have been OJ.

I can't imagine someone lying about being raped when they know they will be torn apart in the media. But I can't imagine Kobe being stupid enough to rape someone when I'd have to imagine he has plenty of consenting offers.
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 8/8/2003, 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have no opinion on whether or not he raped her but I do think he has made a big mistake. It never fails, everytime I admire someone for the degree of passion and focus in their area of indeavor, they end up shaming themselves in public.
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 8/8/2003, 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I put "oj did it" because at this point there is only media hype and speculation and no facts presented.

Taking some guesses, maybe she wanted to be with him, in the middle changed her mind, said no, by then it was too late and he was too rough. I have no facts on that, but that's my gut feeling because she reported it the next day and is bruised.

Then again, she may have been in shock, not sure what to do and it was rape and she finally decided to press charges a day late, then again....

LOL Has anyone see the movie, "Clue" with about 10 endings??? That's how I feel about this!!

So like I said, I have no clue,no facts to base anything on and I go in Spinning

I just hope that justice is served which ever way it goes.

Sherileeaz Cool
Daryl

PostPosted: 8/8/2003, 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll bet money Kobe is found not guilty. A team of the best defense lawyers in the world against the Eagle County DA office!!!! How many big (murder/rape) cases do they prosecute a year? Nothing against the Eagle County DA, but I doubt they have the experience to put up the fight they are getting into.

Just like the OJ trial, only that was LA where the prosecuters do murder trials for breakfast.

More $.02 bail was set too way too low. $25,000 is less then what Kobe earns in a day!

PostPosted: 8/8/2003, 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

We definitely don't have all the facts, but my gut says he's guilty. That being said there's no way he gets jail time if anything at all. Big money buys big time lawyers buys a verdict. People put up these athletes and actors on pedestals when we don't know any of them.
"In the first place you can't see anything from a car; you've got to get out of the goddamned contraption and walk, better yet crawl, on hands and knees...When traces of blood begin to mark your trail you'll see something, maybe."
-Ed Abbey

PostPosted: 8/8/2003, 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My guess is she did it with Kobe...ran out and bragged to her ex-boyfriend...he abused her and then they decided to pin it on the money bag!

The $64,000 question is: If he's found innocent, we'll she be liable for the millions he's losing in endorsements?
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 8/9/2003, 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

The $64,000 question is: If he's found innocent, we'll she be liable for the millions he's losing in endorsements?

I highly doubt it. I also doubt that Kobe would want to garner any more publicity over this than is minimally possible. Just imagine the press that would be generated by him suing her for the lost revenue. The press would have an absolute field day - and he'd probably lose more endorsements.

No - this will end badly for all involved no matter what the outcome. Nobody will be a winner in this scenario.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
CatValet
Got Gear?

PostPosted: 8/9/2003, 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Who is the biggest loser??? Karl Malone???

This may hurt the Lakers this year. It'll be hard to imagine it won't hurt them, even if Kobe is allowed to play. The taunting he'll receive at every away game will be rough too, as will the alimony and property settlement.......

While the Eagle County DA may be outgunned (Although if you were a hot prosecutor, tough duty to live in Vail...) we haven't seen the evidence they may have which convinced them to go for it. I think they must have felt they had a compelling case, to go after such a big wallet. If it appears that they have overreacted, the negative publicity will hurt them, and this is an area totally dependent on tourism, so I'd assume they don't make waves lightly.
dennisbench

PostPosted: 8/9/2003, 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Also, I don't know much about the system, persay, but isn't the threshhold in civil suits much lower. If he's not convicted she may go that route, ala OJ. Wonder how much of that chunk OJ has paid, lol.
"In the first place you can't see anything from a car; you've got to get out of the goddamned contraption and walk, better yet crawl, on hands and knees...When traces of blood begin to mark your trail you'll see something, maybe."
-Ed Abbey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: