ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Arizona Hikers Anniversary Shindig Poll

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Polls Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where would you like to see AZH Anniversary Shindig?
Let's do it at the LDSP again.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Let's try out Cave Creek Regional Park
78%
 78%  [ 11 ]
Let's try out McDowel Mtn Regional Park
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 12/18/2006, 2:23 pm    Post subject: Arizona Hikers Anniversary Shindig Poll This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

So we're rolling up on our 4th Anniversary and I'm going to try to nail down a time and a place to hold our annual shindig.

We've done White Tanks twice so that's out.

There's been talk of Lost Dutchman State Park again.

There's also been talk of setting up something at the Cave Creek Regional Park and reserving the group campground there -
http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/fees.aspx#groupCamp
There's plenty of hiking there and there's RV hookups for Hooli's Hoolimobile.

There's also camping at McDowell Mtn Park too.

We have a little money left over from our CafePress store to spend on the reservation fees in either case.
So vote on or add your own suggestions and let me know when y'all think it would work best.
Please don't suggest something that's much more out of town than the Superstitions just so we can keep this fairly locallized and give everyone a decent chance in attending at least the daytime festivities.

Also, do we want to shoot for a January date or try for February and make it all part of the Feb GHOTM?

Thanks,
GTG

GTG
desertgirl

PostPosted: 12/18/2006, 4:06 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Make it Feb and combine it with GHOTM -- Cave Creek has some good loop trails and we can come up with something to suit different effort levels ...And keep it local!
Suz

PostPosted: 12/18/2006, 5:19 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Well..........LDSP works for me because it's soooooo close!

However---I am interested in the Cave Creek Regional Park, if we can hit it on a day that it's open and when the trails aren't "too muddy" for us. Rolling Eyes

That all being said, I voted for the McDowells........yep, that one vote is from me. I want to get in those mountains plus there is some shopping and dining that needs to be done on that side of town! This would be a prime opportunity! I'm sort of thinking we could start at Starbucks, have a marathon shopping trip for the GHOTM, (I'd be happy to set up some sort of a loop for the group) followed by some fine dining in Scottsdale and then a campfire and drinks out in the McDowells! How does that sound???!@#$!%! Laughing Am I chick with a plan, or what!!?
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 12/18/2006, 5:24 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Suz wrote:
However---I am interested in the Cave Creek Regional Park, if we can hit it on a day that it's open and when the trails aren't "too muddy" for us. Rolling Eyes

I am a chick with a plan!!

You are a girl that was at that disasterous hike planned by us brats I would say....

I want to shine!
Suz

PostPosted: 12/18/2006, 6:01 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

that was a hoot!
Piles of snow.................abort, plan B.
Pscyho chick on an ATV with a gun that wouldn't take bribes, sneaking off to pee and a mega rock slide to my left, stepping over live electrical wires that had just melted near by rocks, chased away by an APS guy that wouldn't allow us to photograph his heroic horn-honking-life-saving-tactics, Hooli circling us like a vulture from the Xterra, crossing the ranger at Cave Creek that didn't want us to get too muddy.....LOL...that had to have been my favorite, and settling in for food at that fine establishment....oh, that was a great GHOTM that you and Tracy led ===the best hike! No way could that adventure EVER be topped! Impossible.................. Crazy
GTG

PostPosted: 12/19/2006, 10:18 am    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Okay, it looks like Cave Creek it is then. I'm going to see about reserving the group campground there for a Friday and Saturday night in February then.
Going once.

GTG
desertgirl

PostPosted: 12/19/2006, 11:08 am    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Ok my whine ..... Can we please not do Feb 10-11 I have prior commitments Sad
desertgirl

PostPosted: 12/19/2006, 11:11 am    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Yes -- The Brat Pack was memorable Very Happy Urban hiking at its finest .....How about another one of those ? Diane, Tracy, Suz - Lets see what you all can order up this time ....
GTG

PostPosted: 12/20/2006, 7:09 am    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Going twice.

GTG
GTG

PostPosted: 12/20/2006, 4:43 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Three times and it's gone! New poll coming up for the dates in Feb to coose from.

GTG
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: