ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
What's your Blood Pressure?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Health, Training, First Aid Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suz

PostPosted: 7/21/2006, 10:12 am    Post subject: What's your Blood Pressure? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Alright---what's normal and what's not?

Today I'm 94/51 with a pulse of 79....and slipping lower. Thankful that there is a pulse, I suppose. Does that seem low? Ya think I've got a leak?

What is your blood pressure?
grrlscout

PostPosted: 7/21/2006, 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That's low. 120/80 is normal. Are you exceptionally fit, cardiovascularly? Are you feeling OK? What did you use to measure?

But since your pulse is normal, I wouldn't be too too concerned. Note: I am not a medical professional. Just an EMS drop-out. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 7/21/2006, 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Normal is 90/60 to 120/80, so you're on the low side You feeling ok? Is you're BP normally on the low side like that?
beckett

PostPosted: 7/21/2006, 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just had mine taken yesterday 100/70...so I guess I'm normal...although a few of my friends would argue that point. Suz, what were you doing before the blood pressure was taken. Sometimes that makes a difference.
Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
Suz

PostPosted: 7/21/2006, 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Seems low to me, too.

Used the blood pressure machine at Bashas this morning. Seems like last time I was 108/63 or something along those lines.

Am I exceptionally fit?...........not likely.....can't keep up with most of the" hard cores" on this site......but I do join in the fun.

How do I feel?
Chronically hungry and sleepy--but happy.....perhaps the heat?
Suz

PostPosted: 7/21/2006, 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

beckett wrote:
Suz, what were you doing before the blood pressure was taken. Sometimes that makes a difference.
Linda

Grocery shopping?????????packing for Mt. Baldy???????had a glass of red wine last night????????? cutting back on the coffee?????????

would those things make it drop?
grrlscout

PostPosted: 7/21/2006, 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz wrote:
Grocery shopping?????????packing for Mt. Baldy???????had a glass of red wine last night????????? cutting back on the coffee?????????

would those things make it drop?

Hmm... I don't *think* so. You might be a bit dehydrated. Have you been drinking enough water, and getting a bit of salt too?

Have you been feverish at all?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Suz

PostPosted: 7/21/2006, 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yep, zapped big by the flu on Wednesday but really thought that was behind me.

Sent a text to our resident nurse--- she said MORE FLUIDS and I'll be fine.

You guys are GOOD! Thanks for your help. Drinking, drinking, drinking.

But I am curious about everyone's blood pressure....seems like enough of the hiking would keep us all in check, wouldn't it?
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 7/21/2006, 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The medical staff appears to have taken good care of you ma'am. Now step over here to the desk and take care of the bill. I'll handle that for you, please make your check out to . . . . .
Hnak

PostPosted: 7/21/2006, 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I try to keep mine around 32 psi....
Suz

PostPosted: 7/21/2006, 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hnak wrote:

Not your tire pressure ..........blood pressure....come on cough it up, what is it?
grrlscout

PostPosted: 7/21/2006, 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Happy to help! Guess maybe I did retain a thing or two from my EMT days.

As far as my bp goes, I haven't had it checked in almost a year. IIRC, last time it was perfectly average -- 120/80. Well, now with heart disease hitting us earlier and more often, that's now the *high* end, not the middle.

Despite exercise and a healthy diet (whoa, I sound like a pharmaceutical commercial), my cholesterol is very high (thanks mom!). But the doc said as long as my bp remains within range, and I don't start smoking, and I keep up with the diet and exercise, I can avoid getting on statins.

OK that was probably more info that you needed. Embarassed
Hnak

PostPosted: 7/21/2006, 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz wrote:
Hnak wrote:

Not your tire pressure ..........blood pressure....come on cough it up, what is it?

Ohhhh.... Awww Rats!

I haven't checked it in a while, but it's usually somewhere around or just below the average...
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 7/21/2006, 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sounds like your tank is low, add fluids.
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 7/21/2006, 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

People vary greatly. My blood pressure always runs around 90/60. Occasionally it's even lower than that. But my resting pulse rate varies with my current fitness level, among other things. If I'm in super-fit mode it's down around 56 or so, up to 70.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Health, Training, First Aid All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: