ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Climbing at PRG Sat?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
fritzski

PostPosted: 3/10/2006, 9:01 am    Post subject: Climbing at PRG Sat? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Anyone interested in meeting to climb at the Phx Rock Gym sometime on Sat?
Suz

PostPosted: 8/2/2006, 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I spent a few hours at the Phoenix Rock Gym last night (Tuesday) and had a blast! I went with 4 others friends. (2 were experienced climbers at the gym and the other 2 were rookies like me)

We signed waivers stating we knew we might die and it would be our own fault if we did, paid 10 bucks, watched a short video, got hooked up with an instructor and then we were off! The first time or two up I was a little shaken by the height thing and stopped about midway. I watched a couple of 4 and 5 year old kids make it to the top and after that it was all the way to the top for me, too. It was great to feel the fear begin to diminish while the balance and the confidence started to grow.

It was BIG fun and I can't wait to go again! I'm sure it will help me get out of "that" upcoming slot canyon. I just need to learn to rappel up now............hank?????????????? Laughing
Hnak

PostPosted: 8/3/2006, 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz wrote:
It was BIG fun and I can't wait to go again! I'm sure it will help me get out of "that" upcoming slot canyon. I just need to learn to rappel up now............hank?????????????? Laughing

It's easy.... you start out by putting your harness on upside down, and then.... Chin Scratching
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: