ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Are You Single?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
heather

PostPosted: 7/8/2006, 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hooli- You just gave yourself away. Laughing Now they all know that you aren't just watching the scenery when you go for the gatherings. I could just picture the smile falling from your face when desertdog said his gravity comment. Laughing

desertdog- I see where your coming from. I don't know who Winter or Allman are and CC and George should have been shot on sight. (insert shudder).

Paint- I know 4 men who are in their 40's who specifically go for younger because of their outward appearance. I guess they don't realize that youth doesn't last forever,"the grass may be greener on the other side, but you have to mow that grass too". Maybe they also do it so they don't feel so old. Question Question

Robert- Why not?
paintninaz

PostPosted: 7/8/2006, 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

GeorgAz wrote:
Most of the men I have dated, I met somewhere outdoors where no one looks their best and there is more reality. It's a jungle out there! Crazy

yep....you know who your true friends are when you spend time outdoors with them and they STILL want to hang around you! Chuckle

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
IGO

PostPosted: 7/8/2006, 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

GeorgAz wrote:
Wait till all you gals get to be in your 50's..I am approaching the BIG 60(one step closer to Medicare) and dating(?) becomes not even an option and time is precious.
Women like myself ,fit ,strong, fun knowledeable,etc. etc., pale against most of the single gals out there, no matter how we look, as men are always looking for younger, etc. You know what I'm saying.

Most of the men I have dated, I met somewhere outdoors where no one looks their best and there is more reality. It's a jungle out there! Crazy

I really don't beleive that. I don't think most of the single guys here would care one bit about trading the kind of person Mr Dog speaks of for some-one they couldn't possibly talk to.
I don't think that men and women are mentally put together so far apart that our maker has made it impoosible for more than say a 30% cross section of the population can see eye-to-eye and pare off. One thing I do see is women who think this way all to often toss in the towell and take themselves out of the circle. That's a horrible shame.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
dreams_are_work

PostPosted: 7/8/2006, 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh my! I am gone for two days and there is a book on dating. Anyone can meet someone at any age! If you don't have time or you don't want to date, that is the beauty of being single. I, on the other hand, have bright hopes that I will in fact meet someone who is wanting the same things as me and who also enjoys doing the same things I do. I know that they wont find me if I am hiding, so I've put myself out there. What can I say, I am a risk taker... and of course crazy because I am a part of this group! LOL

Single and active says nothing about age! The ages you can select range from 18 to 99. So, there is more out there than twentysomethings. And yeah, what's with the 45 year old hitting on the 25 year old? Is that really gonna work!

I hope all you single people who want to find a companion, continue to love yourself, be happy and keep your mind open to the idea that you are amazing and worth having someone to spend time with! If all else fail, call me up for a friends night out!

Love is worth everything and can not be exchanged for anything.

Sarah
paintninaz

PostPosted: 7/8/2006, 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That's right...never say never... Mr. Green

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
heather

PostPosted: 7/8/2006, 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Very well said Sarah. You always know how to word things just right. Smile Most of what I am trying to say just doesn't come across right for me when I type it. Crying or Very sad
dreams_are_work

PostPosted: 7/8/2006, 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, I hope you all make a profile! I did!

Love is worth everything and can not be exchanged for anything.

Sarah
IGO

PostPosted: 7/8/2006, 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

oh, and I truly don't intend insalt when I say chicky-poo. It's only for this purpose and I think folks understand. Young people are a hoot and I love seeing them here.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
evenstar

PostPosted: 7/8/2006, 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

IGO wrote:
oh, and I truly don't intend insalt when I say chicky-poo. It's only for this purpose and I think folks understand. Young people are a hoot and I love seeing them here.

Thanks IGO, we younger people appreciate it! Very Happy
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
IGO

PostPosted: 7/8/2006, 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You betcha' sonny!
ghoster

PostPosted: 7/10/2006, 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, I am 62 and just got married, in Feb. Great woman and we have both been married before so our view of a relationship is based in reality. Plus get this she loves to hike! We have a great dog, a miniature american eskimo, like desert dog but a female that also loves to hike. While we aren't into any forced marches in this heat we do go out every weekend pretty regularly. We usually cover about 6 miles or so round trip to the truck. Our overnighters usually have room service, but hey it is all in what we enjoy together. We have a great collection of photos from our hikes. Just to let you know that life does go on and it is fun to have a mature and considerate partner in life. I think that is the key, to focus on having a partner in life, not just a companion. That makes it all the sweeter. That is my two cents on this topic. Laughing
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 7/10/2006, 10:24 am    Post subject: Hooli wants a woman with a big..... Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
I want a woman with big.........uh, nevermind. Rolling Eyes

Not to make Hooli seem materialistic here but he was going to type bank account.

GTG
Kurtek

PostPosted: 7/10/2006, 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The only thing I'll say, "those who play together, stay together".
DesertDog

PostPosted: 7/10/2006, 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ghoster wrote:
Well, I am 62 and just got married, in Feb. Great woman and we have both been married before so our view of a relationship is based in reality. Plus get this she loves to hike! We have a great dog, a miniature american eskimo, like desert dog but a female that also loves to hike. While we aren't into any forced marches in this heat we do go out every weekend pretty regularly. We usually cover about 6 miles or so round trip to the truck. Our overnighters usually have room service, but hey it is all in what we enjoy together. We have a great collection of photos from our hikes. Just to let you know that life does go on and it is fun to have a mature and considerate partner in life. I think that is the key, to focus on having a partner in life, not just a companion. That makes it all the sweeter. That is my two cents on this topic. Laughing

Hey! Maybe you could fix Jerome up with your mini........at least one of us might get lucky! Howl

Oh, shoot- I got him "fixed".......well, I still think his chances are better than mine...... dunno

Anyway, I'm happy you and your woman found each other. Ok
IGO

PostPosted: 7/10/2006, 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cool!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: