ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Are You Single?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
IGO

PostPosted: 7/16/2006, 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz wrote:
Yeah.........come on Diane(and the rest of you), tell us what you REALLY think about the age differences! Ever date a younger individual successfully?

Anybody who has ever dated me has dated a younger person less the young lady in the photo above who is my highschool sweetheart who is my same age. The difference you mention averages 6 years.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 7/16/2006, 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Last thing I will say on this thread then I am backing out... just to clear the air....I have absolutely nothing against an age difference within a relationship. I feel it should depend on the parties involved and not necessarily their chronological age but their emotional and spiritual age, their out look on life and their common interests. There! Said and done. Embarassed

I want to shine!
IGO

PostPosted: 7/16/2006, 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wink
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
evenstar

PostPosted: 7/16/2006, 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hikngrl wrote:
Last thing I will say on this thread then I am backing out... just to clear the air....I have absolutely nothing against an age difference within a relationship. I feel it should depend on the parties involved and not necessarily their chronological age but their emotional and spiritual age, their out look on life and their common interests. There! Said and done. Embarassed

Well said Adopted Surrogate Daughter #2 of mine. Very Happy

As to me the greatest age difference in a relationship of mine was eleven years; She was 26, I was 37. I'd known and worked in the same office with her for two years; she was, to the best of my knowledge, happily married. Then I moved on to a job with the Bank in SF, teaching a one week management class to entry level supervisors. I knew she'd been placed in a management training program and then placed as Assistant Operations Officer in a middle sized branch of the Bank, so it was no surprise that she showed up to go through my class just before Christmas 1972. Since we knew each other, I invited her to lunch where I noticed she wasn't wearing her wedding ring. Being nosy....plus quite strongly attracted to her I asked and found she was in the middle of a divorce. Long story shortened, I asked her out and it developed into a very serious relationship with both of us dancing around the word "Marriage" until one afternoon, sitting in her back yard enjoying a pleasant afternoon, she said....and I'll remember these words 'til the day I kick off 'cause they sent me to cloud #9....."You know, once we're married you're gonna be the one mowing this lawn instead of me, don't you?" Two weeks later she dumped me, and I never did receive any kind of explanation, nada, zilch, zero. Fell outta that cloud pretty porridge hard and, to be honest, have never fully got over it. Last I heard she was a Senior VP, couple of notches above my rank when I retired in '92 and divorced from her third husband. After divorce #2, a couple of my co-workers laughingly told me I should try to connect with her, "You could be the 3rd scalp on her belt." Never did tell them my scalp was already there 'tween husbands #1 and #2.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
BoyNhisDog
The dangerous place where the winds meet

PostPosted: 7/16/2006, 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hikngrl wrote:
I feel it should depend on the parties involved and not necessarily their chronological age but their emotional and spiritual age, their out look on life and their common interests. There! Said and done. Embarassed

Suz said almost the same thing. While I agree in principal, I think in reality this is a little idealistic in certain circumstances. From my perspective, perhaps it was a self-fulfilling prophecy but that is what I believed and still do. I was reading something recently and there was a line that went something like; "What is in his head is certainly not in mine." meaning of course, we all have separate perspectives to the point of enigma at times.
DesertDog

PostPosted: 7/16/2006, 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
Two weeks later she dumped me, and I never did receive any kind of explanation, nada, zilch, zero. Fell outta that cloud pretty porridge hard and, to be honest, have never fully got over it.

I guess we all have to take some big punches if we choose to get in the ring.

What I finally came to realize was (for me- YRMV) that understanding was irrelevant. Acceptance was my key to healing, and it made me emotionally stronger.

In my younger years, I had a really hard time letting go.

Nowadays, if a woman expresses disinterest, it's time to go Hiking

Not that I don't sometime feel the remnants of old falls, but I'll miss the scenery up ahead if I keep looking back. Wink
IGO

PostPosted: 7/16/2006, 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well Hooli, I was pretty sure of it before but now I'm certain. You don't know any more about women than I do. Rolling Eyes
evenstar

PostPosted: 7/16/2006, 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

DesertDog wrote:

but I'll miss the scenery up ahead if I keep looking back. Wink

My view exactly....first sign it's gonna go serious, run like hell and don't look back! Razz
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
DesertDog

PostPosted: 7/16/2006, 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
DesertDog wrote:

My view exactly....first sign it's gonna go serious, run like hell and don't look back! Razz

What??

C'mon, man......you know heartache is a prime character builder. Wacko
evenstar

PostPosted: 7/16/2006, 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

DesertDog wrote:
evenstar wrote:
DesertDog wrote:

What??

C'mon, man......you know heartache is a prime character builder. Wacko

My character's about as built as it will ever be or need to be. I've been single for all but five of my 69 years and in that time have done what I wanted to do, when I wanted to do it, and the way I wanted to do it. Any woman that'd put up with my poopie's gotta be outta her freakin' mind....and who the hell wants to get seriously involved with a crazy woman? Rolling Eyes
DesertDog

PostPosted: 7/16/2006, 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:

Any woman that'd put up with my poopie's gotta be outta her freakin' mind....and who the hell wants to get seriously involved with a crazy woman? Rolling Eyes

ROFLMAO I can see your point.

I can also envision the possible pleasant aspects of a couple of people with compatible mental illnesses finding each other....... Wink
evenstar

PostPosted: 7/16/2006, 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Guess I'll have to change my signature line back to what it was a few months ago.
Suz

PostPosted: 7/23/2006, 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

LongStoryShort wrote:
I'd love to meet a single 35-40 year old rich woman that is going through a mid life crisis and wants a 25 year old like myself. I would totally be a trophy husband. I would even stay home and cook and clean, as long as I was spoiled.....

I've been thinking about this 25 year old trophy guy that has been volunteering to cook and clean. I'd like to inquire about a co-op plan. I do believe that I'd like to snag Mondays. Laughing
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 7/23/2006, 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh good idea! Put me down for Tuesdays!

I want to shine!
paintninaz

PostPosted: 7/23/2006, 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I get dibs on Wednesdays!!!!

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: