ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Pinnacle Peak Climb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
cactuscat

PostPosted: 5/11/2006, 2:35 pm    Post subject: Pinnacle Peak Climb Reply to topic Reply with quote

Climbed to the summit of Pinnacle Peak yesterday via the 5.3 South Crack route. Excellent crack climbing and chimney-ing, leading to a truly "pinnacle" summit and awesome views made for a great climb! We saw three chuckwallas, a ravens's nest near the summit with five eggs in it, and I got stung in the face by a bee. Rolling Eyes
Sande J
Calamity J

PostPosted: 5/11/2006, 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the bee... Sad at least it was only one and not the swarms that out there waiting for someone to disturb them.
The climb sounds too cool....any pics?
cactuscat

PostPosted: 5/12/2006, 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sande J wrote:
Sorry to hear about the bee... Sad at least it was only one and not the swarms that out there waiting for someone to disturb them.
The climb sounds too cool....any pics?

Yeah, scared me at first because the bee was very aggressive and I was afraid there were more right behind him, but it turned out fine.

The climb is way cool, but no pics. I don't have a digital camera right now, plus there's only two of us so it's hard to get photos while one is climbing and the other is belaying! (You can see other people's photos of that climb on rockclimbing.com, though.)
fritzski

PostPosted: 5/12/2006, 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've heard that's a really fun climb for the grade. I have a partner who lives near there and has been hyping it for a while. Glad to hear you're still climbing.

Might have to start looking for some elevation soon with the heat upon us!
cactuscat

PostPosted: 5/13/2006, 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

fritzski wrote:
I've heard that's a really fun climb for the grade. I have a partner who lives near there and has been hyping it for a while. Glad to hear you're still climbing.

Might have to start looking for some elevation soon with the heat upon us!

No kidding! Not sure what we're gonna do all summer ... the climbing gym really doesn't cut it once you discover the joys of climbing outside!
fritzski

PostPosted: 5/13/2006, 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Queen Creek Canyon at @4500' offers some great "shade chasing" climbing all summer, particularly at the Atlantis, Upper Devils, and Euro Dog areas.

I think we're headed up to Isolation Canyon on Mon. It's right near the town of Pine (@1.5hr drive).
cactuscat

PostPosted: 5/15/2006, 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cool, we might be visiting Euro Dog this week - or next - in conjunction with canyoneering in Devils Canyon.

What kind of climbing in Isolation Canyon?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: