ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Why I don't cook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trail & Camp Food Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cholla

PostPosted: 2/9/2006, 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

How about we bring our notebooks with a couple of spare batteries and have LAN party at the next campout. Spinning While we play games those with Dutch ovens can fix us supper to keep our strength up. Chuckle

I want to taste some of Daddee's gooooood Dutch oven cooking. Ok
paintninaz

PostPosted: 2/9/2006, 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cholla wrote:
How about we bring our notebooks with a couple of spare batteries and have LAN party at the next campout. Spinning

Say What? your notebook needs batteries????.....I just need a pencil sharpener with mine! Wink

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 2/9/2006, 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What's a LAN?
DesertRoux

PostPosted: 2/9/2006, 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Local Area Network.

So Cholla, whats the poison? COD2, Doom3, Q4, FEAR...... Twisted Evil

Car camping is all about the food and drink. Your whole day and night revolves around eating. It is the opposite to me when backpacking. Backpacking is all about the walk. Eating is just fuel for the fire. Plus there is almost no other way to truely enjoy Ramen or MH then sitting in the dirt by a fire.

-Hunter S. Thompson
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 2/9/2006, 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Now I know why I don't much care for car camping. I guess I've always thought that eating is highly over-rated as a pastime. I hate sitting around all day, too. I get bored like, right now. I'm already bored just thinking about it! I'm a real party pooper.
Cholla

PostPosted: 2/9/2006, 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

How about Counter-Strike, Unreal Tournament 2004 and as mentioned DOOM 3! Actually, I host LAN parties for my son and his friends. I do the cooking and they do the partying.

You'd be more likely to find me playing connect-the-dots or a mean game of Hearts with my mini backpacking cards with azbackpacker and paintninaz since they brought the paper and pencils. Bored

We have brought a notebook on car camping trips and I remember it being a pain to get pine needles out of the keyboard if they break into small pieces.
paintninaz

PostPosted: 2/9/2006, 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cholla wrote:
You'd be more likely to find me playing connect-the-dots or a mean game of Hearts with my mini backpacking cards with azbackpacker and paintninaz since they brought the paper and pencils. Bored

Chin Scratching I'd better brush up on the "international" rules for Hearts....

Hnak

PostPosted: 2/9/2006, 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:
Cholla wrote:

Chin Scratching I'd better brush up on the "international" rules for Hearts....

lmfao (you had to be there...)
Cholla

PostPosted: 2/9/2006, 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

How's this for baking with an alcohol burner. http://www.minibulldesign.com/vidbaking.htm Dutch Oven cooking for the lightweight backpacker.
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 2/9/2006, 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cholla wrote:
How's this for baking with an alcohol burner. http://www.minibulldesign.com/vidbaking.htm Dutch Oven cooking for the lightweight backpacker.

He made it look pretty easy. My question is... if the water 'dances' off the lid, how do you reduce the heat?
He never touched on that little tidbit of info.
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 2/10/2006, 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Is there a backpacker's version of Scrabble available? I hereby challenge any of you a mean, vicious, no-holds-barred game of Scrabble! Grrrr......! If no small size available I will bring my regular Scrabble to one of your (boring?) car camps.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 2/10/2006, 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You have obviously never been to any of our car camps! The bigger challenge here would be to challenge any one to get bored at any one of our car camps... or back packing camps for that matter!

I want to shine!
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 2/10/2006, 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, I probably figured that out! It was just that DesertRoux said that car camping involves sitting around all day eating and drinking. That sort of pushed my buttons a little. I am not able to do that. Sorry, I'm just not made that way. I don't drink alcohol at all, for one thing. I don't sit around during the day too well, either. I would go nuts. I probably am nuts anyway, but would become more so! Well, to amend that a bit, if I go hiking for a few hours early in the morning, then I can sit down for awhile. Watch other people cook. Watching other people cook who are planning to offer me food when they are done cooking might be a pleasant pastime. I could do that, after about a 15 mile hike or 25 mile bike ride.
IGO

PostPosted: 2/10/2006, 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

azbackpackr wrote:
Is there a backpacker's version of Scrabble available? I hereby challenge any of you a mean, vicious, no-holds-barred game of Scrabble! Grrrr......! If no small size available I will bring my regular Scrabble to one of your (boring?) car camps.

Backgammon is my game. I wipe out entire populations. scream
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
paintninaz

PostPosted: 2/10/2006, 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

azbackpackr wrote:
Well, I probably figured that out! It was just that DesertRoux said that car camping involves sitting around all day eating and drinking. That sort of pushed my buttons a little. I am not able to do that. Sorry, I'm just not made that way. I don't drink alcohol at all, for one thing. I don't sit around during the day too well, either. I would go nuts.

If sitting around is not your thing, then the only event I'd definitely recommend you stay away from is the Camp Hoomer GHOTM Sleeping

...the "H" in GHOTM is used very loosely on that trip! Chuckle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trail & Camp Food All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: