ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
upper salt kayaking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkern15674

PostPosted: 2/6/2006, 2:01 am    Post subject: upper salt kayaking Reply to topic Reply with quote

Anyone interested in some whitewater fun up north. Would like to float the upper 7 miles with a car shuttle if anyone's interested?? Dates to be determined.
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 2/7/2006, 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I would love to do this, but when? Right now, today, the upper Salt is running at 128 cfs. You could just about hop across it in your street shoes! And there is almost no snow on Mt. Baldy, which I can see from right near where I live. And the Mt. Baldy/Sunrise area is the main source for the Salt's water. So unless we get about 12 feet of snow up there in the next month or so there will be no river season on the upper Salt. All the river rats I know are going to Colorado, etc.

Here is the link for those who don't have it: http://waterdata.usgs.gov/az/nwis/current/?type=flow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: