ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Steep and Cheap Daily Special
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 1/8/2006, 9:24 am    Post subject: Steep and Cheap Daily Special Reply to topic Reply with quote

I know some of you know this website already, but at www.steepandcheap.com they have a daily special every day at a pretty nice discount. So if it's hiking related I will try to post them up here daily. They are limited quanties and if it's a really awesome deal they will sell out in a few hours.

Yesterdays was the Marmot Helium speelping back that was about 1/2 off.

Here is todays.
Black Diamond Glissade Glove - Womens $22.31 62% Off, Regularly $59.45

Description:

Quote:
More than just a sized-down version of a man's glove, the Glissades for women have been perfectly proportioned for a woman's hands. With its 100% waterproof construction and supple feel, the Glissade is THE choice for skiers and boarders who live in mid-temperature climates. Shock-corded gauntlets are easily cinched with one hand, while the leather palm and fingers stay grippy when wet and cold. A non-removable fleece lining provides you with day-long warmth as you play in the backcountry or at your local resort.

SteepandCheap
ck1

PostPosted: 1/8/2006, 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Now that's awfully nice of you!

"The Journey is the Destination"
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 1/8/2006, 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The thing I don't understand about this site, is that you can access the previous items that have been offered, and some don't say sold out, but there's no way to add it to cart. I've even looked at Backcountry.com to see if they are in the outlet. Nope.

I think this guy is an employee of Backcountry. Make ya wonder how he's pulling this all off.
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 1/8/2006, 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Good question Tom, I'm not sure how you order it, maybe it is a one day only deal. I don't think it's just an employee of Backcountry, I think the whole thing is operated by Backcoutry.
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 1/8/2006, 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

According to the whois info, steepandcheap.com was registered by backcountry.com.
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 1/10/2006, 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

DAKINE Vertex Backpack - 1300 cu in $23.44
68% Off, Regularly $74.95

Description:
Quote:

The DAKINE Vertex Pack is the touring pack of choice for the truly committed skier. A streamlined profile and ski specific design make this a skier's best bud in the backcountry. Diagonal ski carry straps make hiking a pleasure, offsetting your skis diagonally so you aren't kicking them as you boot up the mountain. Stay hydrated by adding a bladder and utilizing the insulated Hydro Sleeve. A zippered tool pocket keeps gear secure, and quick-draw ice axe/shovel handle holsters ensure you've got easy access to tools when you need them. An external shovel blade pocket and load compression straps keep the Vertex tight and light.

http://www.steepandcheap.com/?CP=DailyDosage&CMP=EMC-DailyDosage&mv_pc=r104
chihiggs

PostPosted: 1/10/2006, 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

1221pm--ski pack is sold out. Thanx for the mention Tim. Too bad I'm here at school and missed it Mad
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 1/11/2006, 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Todays will be gone quick:

Nike Timing Ascent Compass Altimeter Watch
$74.63 62% Off, Regularly $199.95
Description:
Quote:
The Nike Timing Ascent Compass Altimeter Watch keeps track of time, altitude, direction, and even gives you a weather forecast for your next ski day. You’ll be amazed that so many features come in such a small package, but the Ascent Compass Altimeter Watch is loaded. It tells you how many vertical feet you skied, how many runs you got in, and how much time it took. With barometric pressure and temperature information, this Nike Timing watch also formulates a weather forecast, so you know whether the weather will be good tomorrow.

Other colors as well
http://www.steepandcheap.com/?CP=DailyDosage&CMP=EMC-DailyDosage&mv_pc=r104

Added Later
Quote:
SOLD OUT as of Wednesday, January 11 2006, 11:34 AM.
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 1/20/2006, 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Not the Steep and Cheap special today but the REI Outlet Daily Special

Kelty Whisper 2500 Pack - Closeout
Price: $69.93 Item 732293 * Compare At: $145.00 You Save: 51%

Quote:
This durable pack is the minimalist's choice for super light-and-fast backcountry forays.
Top-loading pack design for less weight, more stability and long-lasting durability
Spindrift collar underneath lid can be cinched down over the main compartment to seal out the weather
Well-padded shoulder straps adjust vertically for the perfect fit; padded and contoured backpanel allows ventilation and offers soft protection
SpacerMesh breathable mesh lining on waistbelt, back panel and shoulder straps adds comfort in warmer conditions
Contoured, two-layer padded waistbelt provides comfortable load support
Load-lifter straps, waistbelt stabilizers and a Scherer Cinch™ on waistbelt allow for greater adjustability and comfortable fit
Scherer Cinch pulley-like system doubles your waistbelt tightening force, letting you get waistbelt as tight as you like it with greater ease
Internal pocket holds hydration reservoir (sold separately) for hands-free drinking on the trail; right or left side hose port for drinking tube
Daisy chain, lash tabs, ice axe loops and mesh shovel pocket allow exterior attachment of bulky, quick-access gear
External mesh side pockets hold water bottles, energy bars and other essentials you want close at hand
Removable HDPE plastic framesheet gives vertical support to the backpanel
LightBeam™ aluminum stays weigh half of what traditional stays weigh, yet still supply the stiffness needed for support
Side compression straps let you cinch down loads for jostle-free carrying
Lid features map pocket for convenient access to items while wearing pack
Made of highly durable, lightweight 420-denier nylon oxford and Dyneema® gridstop, which is ten times stronger than steel

2500 CU, 2#13oz. Could be good for some of those difficult minimalist overnights in the future.

[url=http://www.rei.com/outlet/product/47983381.htm?cm_re=dotd*732293*Kelty%20Whisper%202500%20Pack%20-%20Closeout&vcat=OUTLET_HP_DOTD]REI LINK[/url]
IGO

PostPosted: 1/20/2006, 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I didn't know REI had daily specials.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
MikeInFHAZ

PostPosted: 1/20/2006, 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I always get a kick out of their sales pitches

"this durable pack is the minimalist's choice for super light-and-fast backcountry forays"
at 2 lbs 13 oz??

the most comfy pack ive used is a Golite Jam- such simple design
3200 cu in, 1 lb 5 oz.
carries 30 lbs
made of same Dyneema Gridstop
had it for over 2 years and still holding up
in this case less is more?

what i do
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 1/20/2006, 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

I didn't know REI had daily specials.

If you go to www.rei.com then click on REI Outlet, there is usually a deal of the day on the right hand side of the page.
IGO

PostPosted: 1/20/2006, 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh thanks alot buddy. See what you've done? Now I got to go to REI everyday to buy sumthin'. sheeez.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 1/29/2006, 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Black Diamond Patrol Glove $33.74, 60% Off, Regularly $84.45

Quote:
Created for the unique demands of snow professionals, the Black Diamond Patrol Glove provides maximum freedom of movement for working with tools, straps, ropes, and avy equipment. A supple shell made of Pittards waterproof leather serves up all the dexterity needed in a work glove, while a palm-patch with Kevlar stitching provides unmatched durability. Insulation in the glove is positioned just right so as not to impede mobility and to maximize warmth—5 oz of PrimaLoft lines the back of the hand where blood courses through veins, and insulation is most efficient. A 100% waterproof breathable insert keeps you warm and dry. You'll appreciate a soft microfiber thumb patch that serves as a runny nose wipe. Snow pros the world over will soon have their hands in the totally waterproof Patrol Glove. –Vendor

Bottom Line: Gettin' the job done.

Steep and Cheap
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 1/29/2006, 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tim, I need a really cheap over night pack for south canyon... actually since we need two it would be wonderful if they were dirt cheap! See what you can do ok! Wink

I want to shine!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: