ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Steep and Cheap Daily Special
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 4/26/2006, 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You will really like the cork grips and the 15 degree forward angle on the handles, much more comfortable that way.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 4/26/2006, 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You people are hilarious! Cracked Up You know you'll never stop!

I want to shine!
IGO

PostPosted: 4/26/2006, 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm done. I don't need anymore backpacking gear. I have everything I want or need. Finished.

no more
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 4/27/2006, 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah.
doug

PostPosted: 4/27/2006, 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

IGO, is this the first step in your 12 step program, Just say no more. It will last how long?
IGO

PostPosted: 4/27/2006, 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

doug wrote:
IGO, is this the first step in your 12 step program, Just say no more. It will last how long?

Nah. I've said no a hundred times. I just do that to get the wife and kids off my back. Actually, I'm in denial.
"What problem?"
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 4/28/2006, 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Great deal on MountainSmith daypacks. Hurry!

Mountainsmith Off-Piste 25 Daypack - 1750 cu in

$31.25
(68% Off, Regularly $99.95)
Suz

PostPosted: 4/29/2006, 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey do you ever double check on Froogle to see if you can kick up the same item at the same or a better price?
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 4/29/2006, 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I normally do when shopping around for something, but not usually from Steep and Cheap, they are usually the cheapest. For that Mountainsmith Pack it's normally $49.99 at Backcountry outlet (which runs Steep and Cheap) everywhere else is $95-99.
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 4/29/2006, 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I get my daily dose of email from Steep and Cheap at around 11:00 PM so if you happen to be up late this is a good time to check it out.

Lucky me, I happened to be online the night those Leki poles were advertised and managed to get a pair which came in the mail yesterday~~~~can't wait to give them a try!!!

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 6/19/2006, 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sierra Designs Hyperlight AST Tent 2-Person 3-Season $136.94 49% Off

This is tempting. A bomber tent for sharing the load. Would make a great car camping tent. Wouldn't exactly call it ultralight though...

Description:
Sierra Designs created the Hyperlight 2-Person 3-Season Tent for backpackers who need a lightweight shelter with tons of strength. The Hyperlight Tent includes the same Jake's Corner pole supports that Sierra Designs uses to beef up their 4-season tents. A large vestibule provides extra storage space to keep your gear out of the rain, and large mesh sky panels provide great ventilation. Though this burly tent stands up to nasty storms and provides 43sq feet of floor space, the Hyperlight's ultralight fabrics and Featherlight poles add up to only 4lb 8oz. Now you can pick up this ultralight tent at a price that won't lighten your wallet.
paintninaz

PostPosted: 6/19/2006, 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So how many did you end up buying Tom? Chuckle

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
MikeInFHAZ

PostPosted: 6/19/2006, 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I snagged one at 5:15
good buy indeed
so, who wants to buy a SD Hyperlite for say, $175? Twisted Evil

what i do
DesertDog

PostPosted: 6/19/2006, 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

HIG wrote:
Sierra Designs Hyperlight AST Tent 2-Person 3-Season $136.94 49% Off

This is tempting. A bomber tent for sharing the load. Would make a great car camping tent. Wouldn't exactly call it ultralight though...

Description:
Sierra Designs created the Hyperlight 2-Person 3-Season Tent for backpackers who need a lightweight shelter with tons of strength. The Hyperlight Tent includes the same Jake's Corner pole supports that Sierra Designs uses to beef up their 4-season tents. A large vestibule provides extra storage space to keep your gear out of the rain, and large mesh sky panels provide great ventilation. Though this burly tent stands up to nasty storms and provides 43sq feet of floor space, the Hyperlight's ultralight fabrics and Featherlight poles add up to only 4lb 8oz. Now you can pick up this ultralight tent at a price that won't lighten your wallet.

I bought one of these about a year and a half ago (got it at an REI .87 cent sale for $85!). A really great tent. I've read reviews where there were complaints of "unuseable space" because it is shaped like a kite instead of rectangular, but I find the corners perfect for keeping stuff (like water, food, spare clothes, headlamp, et cetera) at hand, yet out of the way of movement.
It's like a palace for me and my perro loco, with enough headroom to do yoga in the AM. Smile
IGO

PostPosted: 6/19/2006, 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I really wish you wouldn't show me this stuff. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: