ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
shirts and stickers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/8/2003, 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

Hooli, was that you? You've got yourself so worked up, you forgot to log back in, "Guest".

Yeah Steve, it was me....porridge senior moments....as you guys will learn first hand someday Razz I'm just being your role model for when that day comes so you'll know how to act; you can just tell 'em, "Hey that's the way Hooli acted so it must be OK!" Razz
You guys know and respect Mike and GTG and what they've done as well as I do; I know that. Like Daddee said, guess I'm just feeling snippy tonight. Hell of a note when an old retired fart needs a vacation, ain't?
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
mike t

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well I'm playing catch up on this posting, and see that its pretty well documented that we were going off on ads and not Mike or GTG. Good, cuz thats what I meant too. My point was not that the guys would sell out or anything, but that that some day we may need additional capital to run the site. Early seems a better time to discuss how we would like that plan to look rather than later. And I'm sure the guys will discuss it with all of us. I'm not really AGAINST ads, so long as it isn't intrusive, much like Cakewalks post. I also still like the idea of supporting Azhikers members FIRST. Maybe a seperate category where a member could subscribe to have their business, location, contact number, etc. listed so we could use their services. There could be a small fee for it, and I mean really small. I agree as well, that we're getting ahead of ourselve a bit cuz our current membership size and daily hits probably wouldn't impress advertisers a whole bunch just yet. But just wait.......
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Miket, I fully realize noone was going off on GTG and Mike; my concern was, and still is to some degree, that folks NOT as aware as ourselves might easily come along, scanning the posts, as many do, talking about how much we hate ads and how much we're willing to do to prevent ads. They then jump to the conclusion that ads are right around the corner and next thing you know there's a lot of misinformation circulating; and once stuff like that gets going it's really hard to stop. Ninety percent of our membership would probably read nothing more into the posts than was intended. It's that other ten percent that worries me 'cause they're the ones that start the rumors.
And I want everyone who reads this to know that I know you're all in that 90% group! Laughing
My opinion: Let's drop the discussion ads until it's necessary....and that's a long time off yet.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 9:00 am    Post subject: great group Reply to topic Reply with quote

You guys are great, Hooli, you could be ... well nevermind.
No, we won't have any popup ads or such annoyances on this site. Those of you at our meeting at my place last Friday know our stance on those pumpkin, stinkin' mugrats.

We did discuss ads and we are in no position to want or need them now. We will never SPAM anyone as an advert to the site. I did email everyone who I had an address for to get them together, but that's it. We will occasionally email all members with informational items about the site. Items such as the recent discussions about logos, moderators, ads, next step for the site, what you like, don't like, upcoming feature, upcoming hikes etc. It won't be a Hey Come Buy Our Product/Give Us Money! thing.

The respose I've seen here on the site has been great. We appreciate that. So far it's worked out the way we intended, to get a site back up for the community so that we could all comunicate about hiking again.

In the future we plan on making additions to the site, but that will come in time. The site is less than a week old publicly, we don't have a logo yet, graphics or shirts and stickers. Give us a little time and we will.

Thanks for your appreciation and and patience. You folks are wonderful. I hope you all enjoy the site as much as I do.

GTG
mike t

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Okay, topic dropped from my point of view.
Pixelfrog

PostPosted: 1/30/2003, 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hi All,

Are we posting logo submissions in here? I'd love to throw a design in the ring as well.
Anyone else have designs they want to show yet? I'll put mine up as soon as I have one.

Nevermind, I found it in the other thread.

Pix
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: